New Advanced Search Component will be released

17 years 11 months ago #14332 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Suggestions for advanced search
I have a new demo available at hondchan.dy.fi/joomla

I integrated listtab plugin and conditions plugin to work with advanced search and started to merge the code of cb_userlistxtd component to this component.

The site is a community of cat owners. Each owner has a location consisting of country, province and city. The fields are populated dynamically in profile edit and advanced search using conditions plugin. This means that the user is first given a choice of country, after which the provinces of this coutry are displayed. When the province is chosen, the cities of that province become available to select.

Each cat owner can have several cats with listtab plugin. Each cat has name, gender and breed. The breeds select box accepts new entries by users using extended selects components.

The advanced search now works for all these fields. For example user can locate all owners of agnora cats in Finland.

The site has debugging on, so don't worry about the notices and SQL queries.

Please test this site with different browsers and report if something does not work (it is quite heavy on javascript).

Hourly development builds can be downloaded at hondchan.dy.fi/downloads/

mikko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #14333 by knight
Replied by knight on topic Re:Suggestions for advanced search
I have these errors:
Warning: main(/components/com_cb_search/languages/english.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /components/com_cb_search/cb_search.php on line 49

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/components/com_cb_search/languages/english.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/lib/php/') in /components/com_cb_search/cb_search.php on line 49

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 12582912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 40 bytes) in /includes/database.php on line 409

what can i do?

17 years 11 months ago #14337 by mikko
When you get errors, explain what you were doing rather than just posting the messages.

There was a bug causing the warnings. Download a new version and it does not exist anymore.

You need to increse the available memory in php.ini to solve the memory problem.

mikko

17 years 11 months ago #14338 by bzn
Replied by bzn on topic Re:Suggestions for advanced search
when I do a search for the first 3 values or do a list all, I currently get these errors in Firefox and IE:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$emailcboxenabled in /var/www/html/joomla/components/com_cb_search/cb_search.php on line 537

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$printbuttonenabled in /var/www/html/joomla/components/com_cb_search/cb_search.php on line 541

Notice: Undefined variable: Itemid in /var/www/html/joomla/components/com_cb_search/cb_search.php on line 542

Notice: Undefined variable: where in /var/www/html/joomla/components/com_cb_search/cb_search.php on line 550

17 years 11 months ago #14340 by mikko
Do not worry about any notices as they do not affect how the site works.

These particular ones are caused by some unfinished features of the userlistxtd component.

mikko

17 years 11 months ago #14362 by animas
Replied by animas on topic Re:Suggestions for advanced search
Conditionds working great on the demo site.

I am confused with the comprofiler patch. Where should I put those codes? Can you provide a patched file for CB 1.0 since most of us will be using CB 1.0.

Post edited by: animas, at: 2006/05/31 18:08

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.592 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn