Invite System

17 years 3 weeks ago #35528 by providence
Replied by providence on topic Re:Invite System
just wondering if this project is still up? has there been updates regarding the CB registration?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 10 months ago #39944 by emakki
Replied by emakki on topic Re:Invite System
Is there a way to involve coockies? like affiliate tracking. In other words, when a visitor comes from an invite link, the registration page should chec for a coocke first. If it is there, this means the visitor is invited and the invitor should be credited whenever the visitor registers (even after days!!)

I think it is not a hard thing to code isn't it?

any suggestions?

sm3900 wrote:

hello,

i tried to do the changes that we can see her, but the problem i have is that if someone joines the invites are not set to Joined.

what can be the problem??

I tried on CB 1.0.2 and Joomla 1.1.12

16 years 9 months ago #40846 by mrlame
Replied by mrlame on topic Re:Invite System
especially with an invitation code

15 years 8 months ago #71111 by cambler
Replied by cambler on topic Re:Invite System
I'm resurrecting this thread to let you all know that I am about a week away from releasing exactly what was asked for here.

It is a component as well as CB plugin. It is J1.5 and CB 1.2 native (though I believe it'll work on the current CB as well - and I'll check that before release).

It allows users to invite others to your site. It can disallow public registrations without invite codes. It tracks who invites whom, how many invites users get total or outstanding, and such.

It integrates with the CB Subscriptions system (I am a beta tester) but does not require it. But if you have it (when it's release), it'll let you place new users in a subscription based on the invite code.

In addition to letting users invite others, it will also let you set "site invite codes" that you can publish in general, and also let you specify that they can only be used a certain number of times.

There's a lot more, of course, but those are the key features.

I'm less than a week from being code complete, so any last-minute feature requests aren't out of the question, but they'd need to be seriously cool at this point for version 1.0 :-)

15 years 8 months ago #71290 by kdeelstra
Replied by kdeelstra on topic Re:Invite System
Great cambler,
how far are you from release?

15 years 8 months ago #71397 by cambler
Replied by cambler on topic Re:Invite System
Like I said on Tuesday, about a week - meaning that I should be able to get it wrapped up over the weekend and release a reasonably-solid beta next week.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.432 seconds