Invite System

15 years 2 months ago #87786 by ryogi
Replied by ryogi on topic Re:Invite System
Is this plugin released finally?
I need it for CB 1.2. Can anyone please confirm whether it is available for download.

Regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #87788 by drijn
Replied by drijn on topic Re:Invite System
Hi Ryogi,
If you're using j1.5 hi recommend you the AlphaUserPoints invite system from www.alphaplug.com it is a point system with a very efficient invite/referree system working fine with CB1.2

Hope it helps

15 years 2 months ago #87789 by webpromulich
Replied by webpromulich on topic Re:Invite System
I'm in a small group of guys who are footing the bill for a CB invite. It's likely to go commercial. Currently there are quite a few bugs but we are trying to get everything worked out. It's moving along VERY slowly and is taking twice as long as the deadline given. I'm sure once we are done testing that it will be released.

Post edited by: webpromulich, at: 2009/02/05 03:28

Joomla 1.5.7 Legacy mode
PHP 5.2.5
CB 1.2 Stable

15 years 2 months ago #87796 by ryogi
Replied by ryogi on topic CB Invite - AlphaUserPoints
drijn wrote:

Hi Ryogi,
If you're using j1.5 hi recommend you the AlphaUserPoints invite system from www.alphaplug.com it is a point system with a very efficient invite/referree system working fine with CB1.2

Hope it helps

Thank You Drijn

I was going through the feature list of the AlphaUserPoints. What I actually need is allow user registration only using invites, so no open registration allowed. If you have used AlphaUserPoints, then could you please help me to understand if this is possible?

15 years 2 months ago #87797 by ryogi
Replied by ryogi on topic Re:Invite System
webpromulich wrote:

I'm in a small group of guys who are footing the bill for a CB invite. It's likely to go commercial. Currently there are quite a few bugs but we are trying to get everything worked out. It's moving along VERY slowly and is taking twice as long as the deadline given. I'm sure once we are done testing that it will be released.

Post edited by: webpromulich, at: 2009/02/05 03:28

@webpromulich

Thank you for the update and your quick reply. I can see one commercial plugin here - ParaInvite & ParaInvite Pro

It costs around $90 and &50 respectively (I can see price in my local currency, so the conversion is approx).
This price seems to be a steep. It may include many additional features that I don't need.

My main concern is allowing registration through invite only.....as my project is very much close community project and its kind of annoyance that anyone can register and start interfering other users.

15 years 2 months ago #87847 by webpromulich
Replied by webpromulich on topic Re:Invite System
@ryogi: Yes, this CB invite allows registration through invite only (if I understand what you are saying). Users can register through the CB login, and once they are registered users, they can then invite other users through the CB Invite plugin on their profile tabs.

Those invitation links that are sent out to prospective new users run through the CB login, also automatically creating a CB connection to the inviter. There are many other features as well.

I can't speak for the developer on too many things (I think he even subscribes to this thread), but for sure this CB invite is *not* encrypted, whereas parainvite is. Also, from what I read as a recent change, parainvite changed the CB invite tabs so that they no longer show invite information within the tab - it takes you to a component page. Many admins do not like bouncing around the users for functionality that should be had inside the profile tabs.

I'm with you on it doing the simple things. I just wanted to mimic the original CB invite for Joomla 1.0. Since the group of others had all of these demands, turns out it does much more than I would like...but those extra features can be ignored or turned off.

Regarding the price...I hardly doubt this CB invite will be anywhere near $90. Also, the support, albeit on the slow side, is very friendly, even though I've been less than friendly (I mean, they're over a month late and I'm paying a substantial amount of money, with half in advance.)

If you have any questions about it, feel free to PM me. I think I'm becoming an expert beta tester.

Joomla 1.5.7 Legacy mode
PHP 5.2.5
CB 1.2 Stable

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.331 seconds