Profile acitivity index plugin

16 years 11 months ago #38129 by ffaabbss
Replied by ffaabbss on topic Re:Profile acitivity index plugin
Any way how I could help other than coding?

Any specific design elements needed? A small explanation, a Jed entry, an account on the forge? I could set all that up, if u want...
just let me know how I can help...

if u need some more input also just let me know...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #38236 by Caspar
Replied by Caspar on topic Re:Profile acitivity index plugin
Hey I really really like this Project!
Do you have any code to this yet? If not I would like to program it. Some of your ideas can be done quit quick others I have to look in a bit more. So give me some feedback how deep you are into this already.

Do me a favour an go to www.st-sebastian-beckum.de and click on the green image, which says TOP 50 and vote for the page. Thanks!

16 years 11 months ago #38237 by tomsawyer1234
Replied by tomsawyer1234 on topic Re:Profile acitivity index plugin
We haven t code anything yet. But the plugin friend counter could be a good base to start.

I am very happy that you propose your help!

16 years 11 months ago #38256 by Caspar
Here my ideas:

1 Logins per month (e.g. 10 logins = 100% activity, 9logins = 90%...)

->> I would say if you login every day = 100% everyday-1 = 97 etc. (No problem to code)

2 Page clicks per month (50 clicks= 100%, 25 clicks=50% ...)

->> I would say the person who clicks the most = 100% (No problem to code)

3 Profile completion bonus (plugin should count the available profile fields and then the fields that are not left empty and generate a percentage value that gives a bonus for activity level)

->> We also have to take into account the field that are hidden oder not editable... (should be doable)

4 forum posts: count the forum posts in FB and give a activity percentage bonus for each post in the last 3 months or so.

->> most post = 100% (No Problem to code)

5 count number of new connections over the last 3 months and give activity bonus for each connection

->> this will be the tricky one, because I do not use connections.

6 count group memberships in Groupjive and give activity bonus for each membership in a group/ count own groups as founder and give extra bonus for each group founded in the last 6 months or so

->> this will be the tricky one, because I do not use Groupjive.

7 Count CB Gallery items and give activity bonus for each new item in the last 3 months...

->> should be tricky but doable.

The user should be able to choose which he would like to use.

I think I will start working on the Logins per month and page clicks first, after I got your imput.

Do me a favour an go to www.st-sebastian-beckum.de and click on the green image, which says TOP 50 and vote for the page. Thanks!

16 years 11 months ago #38257 by Caspar
Here my ideas:

1 Logins per month (e.g. 10 logins = 100% activity, 9logins = 90%...)

->> I would say if you login every day = 100% everyday-1 = 97 etc. (No problem to code)

2 Page clicks per month (50 clicks= 100%, 25 clicks=50% ...)

->> I would say the person who clicks the most = 100% (No problem to code)

3 Profile completion bonus (plugin should count the available profile fields and then the fields that are not left empty and generate a percentage value that gives a bonus for activity level)

->> We also have to take into account the field that are hidden oder not editable... (should be doable)

4 forum posts: count the forum posts in FB and give a activity percentage bonus for each post in the last 3 months or so.

->> most post = 100% (No Problem to code)

5 count number of new connections over the last 3 months and give activity bonus for each connection

->> this will be the tricky one, because I do not use connections.

6 count group memberships in Groupjive and give activity bonus for each membership in a group/ count own groups as founder and give extra bonus for each group founded in the last 6 months or so

->> this will be the tricky one, because I do not use Groupjive.

7 Count CB Gallery items and give activity bonus for each new item in the last 3 months...

->> should be tricky but doable.

The user should be able to choose which he would like to use.

I think I will start working on the Logins per month and page clicks first, after I got your imput.

16 years 11 months ago #38269 by ffaabbss
Replied by ffaabbss on topic Re:Profile acitivity index plugin
It would be very important that the values that determine the activity are adjustable through backend of course as each site is different and each admin will have a different view how active his users are... so there should be an input field for determening how the the percentage values are generated.

or is there a different way to determine how the values are converted to activity? this could get the backend very crowded if done like i suggest...

and it should be adjustable over how many months the other values are counted for bonus... because i personally would also like to give users a permanent bonus for connections and memberships

great news you want to work on that... unfortunately i can only help with suggestions and design if needed...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn