Profile acitivity index plugin

16 years 11 months ago #38106 by ffaabbss
Replied by ffaabbss on topic Re:Profile acitivity index plugin
my knowledge in php/sql?
I am a joke-- that tells it all ;)
just a little copy and paste and when i read some code i can sometimes imagine what it is supposed to do - haha

but give me some beta stuff and I test it.. I am quite good in testing, seeing stuff, quite perfectioist and i know what is needed and what it should look like and how it could be achieved in theory...

what.. do u think you could do it?
i mean the friends counter is quite nice but i think it would need a lot more to mod this heavily because to get a slightly accurate activity count we would need to integrate several more parameters that can not be counted as easy as connection i think...
but to tell the truth i have no idea how hard it could be to implement counting the stuff i havee put in my first post?

which of the values that i suggested could be hard to implement? or are they all doable with a little knowledge.. just to knwo how much it could cost to get somebody do the stuff...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #38111 by jopper
Replied by jopper on topic Re:Profile acitivity index plugin
I'll hope it will work and that you want to share it because i was looking for the same thing but i can't get it done.

16 years 11 months ago #38112 by tomsawyer1234
Replied by tomsawyer1234 on topic Re:Profile acitivity index plugin
My need will be a indicator of popularity calculated with:

- number of connexion
- number of time the profil is visited
- number of connexion
- number of group memberships
- number of group created
- number of posts
- number of forum posts
- number of comments posted
- number of album created (Gallery G2 or CB Gallery)
each of those ratio will be ponderated by importence of each number.

I think I can do it with some help. What do you think about this indicator?

16 years 11 months ago #38116 by ffaabbss
tomsawyer1234 wrote:

My need will be a indicator of popularity calculated with:

- number of connexion
- number of connexion
- number of posts
- number of forum posts
each of those ratio will be ponderated by importence of each number.

I think I can do it with some help. What do you think about this indicator?

16 years 11 months ago #38117 by ffaabbss
of connexion
good
not good, because high visits will increase the activity and will therefore increase the visits... and apart from that: how are visits generated? through forum posts, through group activity and so on... so this value is not needed as it is a result of the other values
good
good
- number of posts
where.. forum? then this is double with the next value..
- number of forum posts
good
which comment component? this will be difficult to support for biggest system jomcomment as the jomcomment code is encrypted.. you might need help from the author
good for cb albums.. items should be counted...
too complicated to maintain for gallery2 i think...

what is missing:

1 Logins per month
2 Page clicks per month or visits of other profiles maybe
3 Profile completion bonus (plugin should count the available profile fields and then the fields that are not left empty and generate a percentage value that gives a bonus for activity level- very important I think!!!)

all the values should decrease as time goes by because 10 forum posts in the last week are worth more for activity then 10 forum posts three months ago... maybe this could be achieved by bringing in the logins..
example:
lets put all the values together and say we get an activiy index of 90... then the logins in the last month are counted...
10 logins per month give you 100% of the activity index of 90... so u get activity index 90%
9 logins per month are not enough for us and we will only give the user 95% of his activity index of 90 so he will get 85,5% activity index
8 logins will already discount 10% of his activity level and he will be at a REAL activity level of 81%
...and so on...

would that be a solution to decrease the activity over time? somehow it has to decrease so how else could it be achieved?
maybe u can read up my suggestions in the first post which is slighty more complicated maybe then the solution here but would actually really make a good activity index imho...

16 years 11 months ago #38118 by tomsawyer1234
Replied by tomsawyer1234 on topic Re:Profile acitivity index plugin
ffaabbss wrote:

all the values should decrease as time goes by because 10 forum posts in the last week are worth more for activity then 10 forum posts three months ago... maybe this could be achieved by bringing in the logins..

I agree this will be best but I would prefer to make a first release very basic whether a complicate one that will never be released...

I hope to have time to have a look at it.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn