Video plugin FOR CB

18 years 2 months ago #7394 by kerron
Video plugin FOR CB was created by kerron
Has anyone thought of making a Video plugin, like ifilm thart wud allow users to upload videos to their profiles, n show them in real time as the page loads? i think that wud be really cool

www.itropica.com check us out

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 6 months ago #23373 by gypsydogg
Replied by gypsydogg on topic Re:Video plugin FOR CB
There is a mod for joomla, it would be nice to have a plug in for Community builder. I'm going to give it a shot and see how it looks.

gypsydogg

17 years 5 months ago #24782 by cosmicfantasia
Replied by cosmicfantasia on topic Re:Video plugin FOR CB
For what it's worth this would be an awesome addition to Community Builder.

What is the existing Joomla mod which does this? I have looked but haven't found anything that does it properly?

There seams that there are quite a few different software components to do this properly. ie. the upload part, the converting to .flv part and of course displaying part.

If there was an open source project that was working on this, there is an outside chance that I could find some sponsorship for it. I have had initial discussions with a company who are looking at options to outsource their community work. They have asked about video, so thats where the possibility comes from.

Thanks,
Cosmic... :)

17 years 5 months ago #24849 by macphoto
Replied by macphoto on topic Re:Video plugin FOR CB
Ouch!! Do you really need that? I mean linking is one thing, but uploading video content to your server? Your inviting a HOST of problems with that idea buddy!

17 years 5 months ago #25240 by morktron
Replied by morktron on topic Re:Video plugin FOR CB
I've got 3 people independantly asking me to build them a site with video content uploadable by registered users.

I'm trying to work out how to do it.

Obviuosly there is no point having my client paying to host everyones video.

So i will use Google Video or You Tube. There is a plugin to do that but it doesn't integrate with Community Builder.

the plugin is here: www.joomlaworks.gr

Anyway it would be great if there was a video plugin for Community Builder

17 years 4 months ago #27121 by WebJIVE
Replied by WebJIVE on topic Re:Video plugin FOR CB
I had the same thing. I talked the user out of having this and used the AllVideosPlugin with YouTube to play this. It worked out great! www.kornerstoneent.com in the MEDIA section.

Eric Caldwell
Web-JIVE.com

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.918 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn