[SOLVED] After migration DB tools - Check database -> errors, and avatar hidden.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #258682 by NicoFaaij
Hi,

After I migrate a CB website from:
  • Joomla 2.5.28 to Joomla 3.3.6
  • I runned all CB Tools without problems
  • Than I migrate CB 1.9.1 to CB 2.0.5
  • I runned CB Checks again and that gives a lot of Storage Engine is MyISAM instead of InnoDB errors.

I clicked the red buttons to solve it and it shows me all problems are all right afterwards. But it has made that my avatar on the members pages get hidden. It is still in the source but firebug shows the divs grayed out.

I first thought it was a ccs issue but I have done this migration steps a few time and it is de pressing the red button to fix these issues in CB tools that cause this avatar removal.

My questions are:
  1. Is it normal that I get these MyISAM instead of InnoDB errors after this CB upgrade?
  2. Why is my avatar hidden after that auto correction from the CB Tools Check? How can I fix this?
  3. Can it give me more errors and why is the check not complaining about that?
Kind regards,
Nico
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #258704 by krileon

Is it normal that I get these MyISAM instead of InnoDB errors after this CB upgrade?

Yes, we do not migrate the database engine on install. It's too heavy of a task to do during install. We've changed to InnoDB for various reasons (same engine as Joomla).

Why is my avatar hidden after that auto correction from the CB Tools Check? How can I fix this?

I've no idea. If it's in source perfectly fine then it'd be a CSS issue or some sort of jQuery hiding it. Check the fields configuration and ensure it's configured to display on profile fine.

Can it give me more errors and why is the check not complaining about that?

Can what give you more errors? The fixes? No.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #258720 by NicoFaaij
I am pretty sure that it happens by the fix button. Maybe we have set something wrong in the past and it turns out now, after the fix has run on our database?

On which tab should the _UE_IMAGE been set in the new canvas template? Is that the _UE_PORTRAIT and the position Canvas Photo? And display Div without title?

Even if I turned off all the modules on that page and change back to the CB default template in the user profile configuration settings it stays hidden.

9 years 2 months ago #258733 by krileon
Run the Canvas Layout tool and it'll configure everything for you for the canvas display.

The avatar tab is Portrait, which should be "Div without Title" in the "Canvas Photo" position. The avatar field should be on the "Portrait" tab and set to display on profile as "1 Line without Title".

Aside from that I don't quite understand your issue. You'd need to PM login credentials so I can take a look at what's going on. Everything appears to be working fine for me across 3 installs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 2 months ago #258735 by NicoFaaij
Hi Kyle,

I did the Canvas Layout tool again. It changed some settings/field-locations but the photo is still hidden.

I checked all the avatar tabs and field settings but they are like you write.

I will send you now a PM with all credentials. I hope you can find the reason. If not, I can put a backup back from before the tools database checks. Let you push the red buttons and you will see it removes the avatar on the profile pages.

Thanks in advance,
Nico

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #258741 by krileon
I am unable to reach the profile of the user you've created for me. This is due to a 3rd party extension called Sourcerer.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /plugins/system/sourcerer/helper.php(637) : runtime-created function on line 11

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /plugins/system/sourcerer/helper.php on line 642

With the extension disabled I can view the profile. You may want to look into what's going on with that extension. As I understand it processes inline PHP code and some code likely has an error in it. I've re-enabled Sourcerer after testing further.

As for your avatar issue. It's due to the formatname field being placed on it. That tab position has strict CSS to format it correctly. The formatname field is being picked up and used as it's the first field row it finds. The way it's designed to work is it uses the first field loaded as the image field. The reason for this is it allows Custom HTML fields to add all kinds of image display behavior. I've adjusted the ordering of the fields on the Portrait tab and your avatars now show up fine; please also confirm they are displaying fine. I will look into improving the CSS further to avoid this.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5081

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: NicoFaaij

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn