[SOLVED] After migration DB tools - Check database -> errors, and avatar hidden.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #258744 by NicoFaaij
Wow, you solved that issue quick. respect!!!

Yes it is correct now. Didn't thought in that direction. I understand the problem but still don't understand why it was occurred directly after the CB database check and fix tools.

Many, many thanks for helping me to solve this issue!

With kind regards,
Nico

P.s.: You could not logged in at frontend as I created your Super User account not in Community Builder. So my inline PHP script couldn't find your CB credentials.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #258756 by NicoFaaij
I also solved the last bit (how did it happen exactly).

I have setup the same situation and tested the CB Tools check and fix again and the avatar was gone. It sorted out that the CB Tools database fix was setting formatname not in front but on the same first place as avatar. So avatar and formatname both on the same sequence 1. Just changing the field sequence from formatname to 2 (and onlinestatus to 3) made the avatar visible again.

So during the CB Tools table migration fix to get the InnoDB engine changed, the sequence of the field was also changed. Maybe this can give more problems and you can solve it in the fixing scripts.

9 years 2 months ago #258798 by krileon
It's possible the field ordering is being touched during that tool as it's running the field through its database XML again, which does a re-save of the field. The issue isn't the tool, but more so the CSS caring what order the image field is in. I've a ticket to look into fixing the CSS so it won't matter what order the avatar is in as you should be allowed to add whatever fields in whatever order you want to that position.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 2 months ago #258803 by NicoFaaij
Yes, I understand that point. But also for other reasons it can be not nice that the order of fields is changed by the tool. If there is no solution to avoid that, no problem but maybe you can find a way to get the same ordering back. So that we don't have to retest all the fields and their locations/order.

But enough said, the case is solved and closed for me ;-)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn