[#5268] Trouble with audio field/gallery audio

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #263523 by michaelgreen252
[#5268] Trouble with audio field/gallery audio was created by michaelgreen252
Hey im having some issues with displaying my media any way i try to use it..I really need my media to work

1. If i create an audio field and display it on the profile. the audio will not play at all on google chrome, firefox or mobile

2. If i upload audio via gallery music tab...it will not play the audio on mobile (this is important to me)

3. The title in the gallery music tab redirects to a download page on mobile even if i turn the download option off. was hoping there was a way to disable the link on the title.

4. The add new music button displays on every members profile gallery....so if in a user and im looking at another members profile...i still see the add music button while viewing someone elses profile. Is there any way to stop that from happening?

thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #263529 by nant

8 years 11 months ago #263538 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Trouble with audio field/gallery audio

1. If i create an audio field and display it on the profile. the audio will not play at all on google chrome, firefox or mobile

Ensure you're using CB 2.0.8 as there was a bug with audio fields for certain file types.

2. If i upload audio via gallery music tab...it will not play the audio on mobile (this is important to me)

It's subject to browser compatibility. Your browser may not be able to play the audio file you uploaded, which is why upload is limited to small set of file types (only allows HTML5 supported types). There's nothing I can do about this. If the device isn't compatible with the type then it isn't compatible. Not all devices will be.

3. The title in the gallery music tab redirects to a download page on mobile even if i turn the download option off. was hoping there was a way to disable the link on the title.

Direct link isn't to download, but to play it directly by the browser. If it's not playing then your browser isn't compatible with the file type and won't be able to inline play.

4. The add new music button displays on every members profile gallery....so if in a user and im looking at another members profile...i still see the add music button while viewing someone elses profile. Is there any way to stop that from happening?

That's because you're logged in as a CB Moderator. If you're logged in as a regular registered user then you've made everyone a CB Moderator and need to check Moderators View Access Level within CB > Configuration > Moderation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 11 months ago #263584 by michaelgreen252
Replied by michaelgreen252 on topic Trouble with audio field/gallery audio
Hey guys thanks...
latest joomla version 3.4.1
Cb version 2.0.8
Gallery version 1.0.3.CI.2015.03.16.17.32.42.A.0.F.16.D.0.ED

1.. the audio file field is a simple mp3 and will not play at all..getting this error in java console >>Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)<<

2..I understand the device compatibility issue. However my devices support html5 and are playing perfectly in 2 other html5 based audio extensions currently installed on the same website...Its just the cb player thats not working..little help please.

3.. heres some symptoms and mayby it will help you help me...with the download function turned off...when i click the link to the song in the gallery...correct it directs me to my internal player...if i choose play with it will not play...and theres another option that says download..i can download it and play it but the title says index.php.....as i said..my device does play html5 since it is playing html5 audio from 2 other extensions installed on the same website...also if i play it on an ipad...it says Nan:Nan where the time should be after playing.

4..100% correct thanks

thanks

8 years 11 months ago #263585 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Trouble with audio field/gallery audio
The latest CB Gallery is 1.0.4. There's a known issue with content length in 1.0.3, which could be your issue.

As for audio fields it looks like it's pointing to the wrong directory. Please make the below quickfix, which will be fixed for next release.

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcore/cb.core.php
ON: Line 6200
$value					=	$_CB_framework->getCfg( 'live_site' ) . '/images/comprofiler/video/' . (int) $user->get( 'id' ) . '/' . urlencode( $value );
TO:
$value					=	$_CB_framework->getCfg( 'live_site' ) . '/images/comprofiler/audio/' . (int) $user->get( 'id' ) . '/' . urlencode( $value );

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5268

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 11 months ago #263598 by michaelgreen252
Replied by michaelgreen252 on topic [#5268] Trouble with audio field/gallery audio
Hey thanks those edits worked well for the most part...
1. So now my audio field plays is playing the song that was uploaded originally on mobile and other compatible devices.
2..Now my gallery audio that was originally uploaded are now playing on mobile and all compatible devices..

3. New issue...(upload button not working) immediately after installing the gallery version 1.0.4 ...i cannot upload any content period...So now when i click on the new music tab it takes me to the upload page correctly but when i click on the upload button on the music area it will not respond...the same issue applies to trying to upload images in the gallery...also uploading via upload field will not respond...also even adding a new avatar image will not upload. Any ideas what is causing this and how to resolve.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn