[#5509] How to set up the correct association in the CB Workflow module

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #269767 by erichburkhard
I have Joomla 3.4 and CB 2.0.10 and newest Uddeim component and my website ist set up in English and German. I know the concept of the 'menue association' and I didn't have any problems so far. But there are some difficulties to associate the menus concerning the workflow.

If I login in the frontend with an administrator user (in order to see the workflow menus) and click on the 'Profile Report' Link (or the corresponding german link) the association seems to work ...look at theses screen dumps:

...but if I do the same with the 'Private Message' link the association does not work. If I swithch from one language to the other the default page of the website appears instead of the the corresponding mailbox screen (I used newest udddeim)

...so how can I fix this ?

regards
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #269792 by krileon
Clicking private message appears to have the correct language in your screenshot. Joomla is entirely responsible for the language handling. No extension keeps track of that. Joomla does this by hooking into the routing and rewriting the URLs to include the language key. It then loads the language based off that language key. CB is also not responsible for Joomla returning you to the appropriate pages when swapping languages. Based off the URL in your browser address bar you do not have a Joomla menu item associated with the UddeIM inbox, which could be the cause of your problem as the language filter may need a menu item.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #269988 by erichburkhard
I already have a menu association with the Uddeim inbox module...these menu's are called 'Briefkasten' (DE) and 'Mailbox' (EN)....(have a look at my earlier screendump posts)....This association works fine but...... the menuitem (I am talking about: 'Private message') will be activated in the CB Workflow module (and is also visible in the workflow area in the frontend) by enabling a dropdown...

...and in this module (I have set up 2 instances of the workflow module, one for EN and one for DE) it is not possible to actively establish an link / association to the Uddeim inbox module...

...can you give me more Details to check where the bug is?
Attachments:

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #269998 by krileon
Only thing I can think of is missing SEF on the URLs. The below changes can fix this for the login module and the workflows module.

IN: modules/mod_comprofilermoderator/mod_comprofilermoderator.php
ON: Line 177
$privateMessageURL			=	$privateMessageURL[0]['url'];
TO:
$privateMessageURL			=	cbSef( $privateMessageURL[0]['url'] );

IN: modules/mod_cblogin/mod_cblogin.php
ON: Line 135
$privateMessageURL			=	$privateMessageURL[0]['url'];
TO:
$privateMessageURL			=	cbSef( $privateMessageURL[0]['url'] );

Once changed see if that'll fix your issue.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5497

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #270314 by erichburkhard
Hi kyle, I implemented your code lines but it didn't help. The behaviour is the same as bevore the Change. If I log in as a moderator in the frontend I see the following Screen. The blue 'hooks' means that the association of the menu's work (between EN and GE)...the red cross means that the association does not work

do you have any other idea?

Eric
Attachments:

8 years 7 months ago #270316 by krileon
Disable SEF entirely and see if your issue persists. Also check if those links have an Itemid and that it's correct. The Itemid for those menu items is provided by UddeIM directly so I don't know what more to advise.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn