[#5509] How to set up the correct association in the CB Workflow module

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #270353 by erichburkhard
Hi kyle - I switched off the SEF - no positive Impact...but the URL's look 'strange' for the menu links where the association does not work....Pls look at the following Scenarios...

Scenario 1: Access Uddeim inbox via 'normal' joomla menu (without use of cb) -> association works:

EN:
web180.login-94.hoststar.ch/joomla/pre_production/index.php?
option=com_uddeim&view=select&id=1&Itemid=496&lang=en
DE:
option=com_uddeim&view=select&id=1&Itemid=487&lang=de

Scenario 2: Access Uddeim inbox via cb menu ('private message'-link generated by cb workflow module) -> association does NOT work:

DE:
option=com_uddeim&task=inbox&lang=de
EN:
option=com_uddeim&task=inbox&lang=en

Scenario 3: Access 'Moderate user report' form via cb menu ('Profile Report'-link generated by cb workflow module) -> association works:

EN:
option=com_comprofiler&view=moderatereports&Itemid=701&lang=en
DE:
option=com_comprofiler&view=moderatereports&Itemid=650&lang=de

I think this is a bit weird: in the URL of Scenario 1 there are some itemid' ...but in Scenario 2 (via cb) there are no itemid's...is this the Problem ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #270394 by krileon
Within Components > uddeIM PMS > System set "Overwrite Itemid" to "yes" and "Use Itemid" to "487" then see if you've any further issues. Looks like the URL structure changed and we'll need to update in CB. Have created a bug ticket to look into this further.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5509

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #270523 by erichburkhard
HI Kyle, so I implemented your advise and made the changes in the system settings of the
uddeim component and the improvement was very nice. I made some comprehensive tests as follows:

scenario 1
1) log into website (user = moderator) in EN mode
2) click on 'Private Message' in the workflow module -> the uddeim inbox appears in EN
3) change language to DE -> the uddeim inbox appears in DE
4) change language to EN -> the uddeim inbox appears in EN

..so scenario 1) works 100%

scenario 2)
1) execuute the 4 steps of scenario 1 /* the website is now in EN and the inbox appears in EN */
2) click on the 'Mailbox' menu /* the 'Mailbox' menu also gives you access to the uddeim inbox but not via workflow mod */
-> the uddeim inbox is still visible in EN
3) click on the 'Private Message' in the workflow module -> the uddeim inbox is still visible in EN
4) change language to DE --> the default page of the website appears (in DE) instead of the uddeim inbox (in DE)

..so scenario 2) does not work 100%

Because scenario 1) is the most used I can live with this 'feature' of scenario 2 ....may be you can also solve scenario 2
if you have a closer look when solving the ticket for scenario 1

last question:
why did you tell me to enter 487 and not 496? .....I also checked with 496 ...but then it didn't work...
for me the two id's look exchangeable...but it seems they are not :unsure:

regards

8 years 7 months ago #270552 by krileon
The issue seams to be how we're constructing the UddeIM URLs. I'm guessing at some point the structure changed. This causes them to not match a Joomla menu item properly and result in missing or wrong Itemid. That parameter in UddeIM forces an Itemid.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.757 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn