CB activity 4 auto action fatal error

7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #293111 by activha
CB activity 4 auto action fatal error was created by activha
Hi Kyle

Just upgraded to CB activity version 4 with the integrated package to get all plugins updated.

This is just a wonderful release with lots of improvements, congrats !

However we encountered a problem with a plugin working with cb activity auto action.

A fatal error on line 53 for components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbautoactions/models/activity.php when called from the plugin that we used until now (attached)

Error is : Call to a member function get() on string

Can you help us fix this ?
Thanks
Jean

[MOD EDIT]: Please do not attach commercial products to your posts...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 weeks ago #293126 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB activity 4 auto action fatal error
Edit any CB Activity custom actions you've created, verify their parameters are still valid, and re-save them. Seams to be an issue with their migration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 weeks ago #293142 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB activity 4 auto action fatal error
Yes editing the auto action solved the fatal error.
We have another problem which is that our message in HTML is changed by the auto action to text only and then the image is not displayed and the text is not understandable.
Any hint to solve this for the new ones ?
I guess that we have only to erase the old ones
Regards
Jean

7 years 3 weeks ago #293144 by krileon

Yes editing the auto action solved the fatal error.

Great, another install confirmed same issue and have added a bug ticket to investigate what went wrong in the migration.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6586

We have another problem which is that our message in HTML is changed by the auto action to text only and then the image is not displayed and the text is not understandable.

HTML is not supported in the message body of an activity entry. Since activity entries can be freely edited now regardless of type the message limitations have to be enforced there as well. If you want custom HTML you need to use a Links usage and set its Type to Custom.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 weeks ago #293145 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB activity 4 auto action fatal error
What do you mean by links usage ?
And in this case how can we add our hotspot picture to the activity as we used to before ?

7 years 3 weeks ago #293160 by krileon
When creating an activity action there's a fieldset called Links. Links are normally just URLs to images, websites, videos, etc.. However internally there is a Custom type that lets you specify whatever HTML you want. You'll need to use the Custom type to attach your custom HTML to an activity entry.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.558 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn