CB activity 4 auto action fatal error

7 years 1 month ago #293242 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB activity 4 auto action fatal error
That' really great !
Wonderful update :-)

BTW if I need to suppress an activity if the hotspot is removed, how can I retrieve it ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #293248 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB activity 4 auto action fatal error

BTW if I need to suppress an activity if the hotspot is removed, how can I retrieve it ?

You can tell your activity action to load by nothing, by asset only, by asset and owner, or by owner only. Your asset should technically be as unique as possible. Example as follows for CB Gallery.

gallery.photos.PHOTO_ID

So if I load by asset I can edit that activity and unpublish it, update it, etc.. Additionally you can delete by the asset so I could delete that activity entry. Note the delete usage supports a wildcard as well so if you delete the asset "gallery.photos.%" it would delete all photo activity for everyone (unless it's told to load by asset AND owner).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

7 years 4 weeks ago #293313 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB activity 4 auto action fatal error
I see all the potential of this plugin :-)

Do you have a doc somewhere for the API ?
For instance it would be great to use the module per asset for other components.
But in this case the asset Id has to be dynamic and the module cannot be used.

Can you explain how to integrate ?

Thanks
Jean

7 years 4 weeks ago #293324 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB activity 4 auto action fatal error

Do you have a doc somewhere for the API ?

No, you ideally should never have to directly use CB Activity API.

For instance it would be great to use the module per asset for other components.

CB Activity comes with a content prepare plugin and a module. Both support custom asset with substitutions.

But in this case the asset Id has to be dynamic and the module cannot be used.

Asset in all usages supports substitutions. So a module for example can have activity unique to the module by its module id (e.g. byusing [module_id]). More custom substitutions can be added as needed. The content prepare plugin can be unique per article if it's from com_content using [article_id]. Both support [page_id] which makes the asset unique to the current Itemid.

Can you explain how to integrate ?

Best way for 3rd party extensions to integrate is to just fire a CB trigger then act on it using CB Auto Actions. This ensures no dependency to maintain the implementation as that falls on us maintaining CB Auto Actions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn