CBSubs and Paypal

5 years 2 months ago #310420 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs and Paypal
It doesn't sound like you configured IPNs correctly at PayPal. Please read the instructions carefully in the CBSubs Manual and within the gateway in CBSubs it self. Without IPNs CBSubs won't receive confirmation that a recurring payment was made and if the user doesn't return to the site after making an initial payment then the first payment will never be recorded since IPNs won't be available to be sure that happens.

PayPal's new layout has made it frustratingly difficult to configure all of this. Below are direct URLs that might be of help.

Website Payment Preferences (old layout)
www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/customerprofileweb?cmd=_profile-website-payments

IPN Preferences (old layout)
www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/customerprofileweb?cmd=_profile-ipn-notify

IPN History (old layout)
www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-ipns-history

Payment Receiving Preferences (old layout)
www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/customerprofileweb?cmd=_profile-pref

API Access (new layout)
www.paypal.com/businessmanage/credentials/apiAccess

Merchant Tools (new layout)
www.paypal.com/merchant/tools

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #310436 by remaxpat
Replied by remaxpat on topic CBSubs and Paypal
I rechecked all and they are set as outlined? I did recently update my sites with SSL and hadn't changed the return address to https. Once I did this, it accepted the payment, set up the recurring on PayPal but when payment was done and customer was sent back to site, a page (not home page as configured) shows up with this error: Sorry, payment has not been confirmed by Paypal (no IPN received). IPN must be enabled for auto-recurring payment subscriptions. If I click on home, it works fine and after confirmation email is replied to, the customer can log in. Do I need a landing page other than the home page? In the past the home page worked fine after payment.

I'm not using a store, only CBSubs for subscriptions. I've not set up API as It says it's optional in the CBsubs configuration.

Thanks

5 years 2 months ago #310450 by krileon
Are you receiving IPNs from PayPal? You should have several marked as IPN (not PDT, those are redirect returns) in CBSubs > Notifications. If not then IPNs are not configured correctly. Are there any errors around the time of purchase in CBSubs > History Log? Your change to SSL is likely your problem. You've likely blocked PayPal from communicating with your server as PayPal for all your previous purchases has IPN URLs going to http which should safely redirect to https. To ensure new purchases send https ensure live_site in configuration.php is set to '' (empty string).

I've not set up API as It says it's optional in the CBsubs configuration.

I recommend fully configuring the gateway.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310461 by remaxpat
Replied by remaxpat on topic CBSubs and Paypal
I'm receiving IPM's and the configuration php is set to empty. I'll configure the API and see if this works.

5 years 2 months ago #310472 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will review IPNs/History to see if something maybe going wrong.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

5 years 2 months ago #310502 by krileon
Have reviewed your install. You appear to only have 3 IPNs logged with none of them being recurring payments and none of them being PDT. 2 are sign ups, which are initial purchases and 1 is a cancellation which is an unsubscribe from PayPals end. Typically you'll have a PDT where they were returned to your site followed by the necessary IPNs.

Additionally you've several "loadSomething::subid 7 with planid 1 could not load." type errors in your History Log. It looks like subscription rows were deleted as it's trying to access a subscription id that no longer exists.

Is this a test install with sample data or your live site? If live site something is certainly wrong with data being missing.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds