CBSubs and Paypal

5 years 2 months ago #310504 by remaxpat
Replied by remaxpat on topic CBSubs and Paypal
Yes, It's live site but I was testing user additions for functionality. When it returned errors, I had to delete them. Is there a way to clean it up without reinstall? I'll work with it a bit today and let you know results. Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #310514 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs and Paypal
When running tests it's best to use the PayPal sandbox on a test environment, which would then be safe to empty CBSubs tables. For live tests it's best to do a small amount (e.g. donation plan or short subscription plan) then simply leave that data. It's not recommended to delete the data, but if you do be sure you completely cancel the subscriptions (on your site and at PayPal) before deleting.

Based off the information that was available it does not seam like the gateway is configured correctly. You received no recurring payment IPNs and you've no PDT returns at all. Maybe the result of switching to HTTPS without having a domain level redirect from HTTP to HTTPS which caused PayPal to be unable to reach CBSubs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310541 by remaxpat
I set up PayPal sandbox and tried a subscription. Everything worked fine until the redirect back to the website, where I received a server timeout error. I checked PayPal and all payments were applied and the subscription was set up on the site once I replied to the confirmation email.

I tried one more time but clicked on the "If not redirected in 10 seconds" click here link and all went well, and I was returned to payment confirmation screen on the site.

5 years 2 months ago #310542 by remaxpat
I've attached a copy of notification in CBSubs for your review. Does it look correct for the last 2 subscriptions?
Attachments:

5 years 2 months ago #310548 by remaxpat
After testing on PayPal Sandbox, all seems to be working. The only change I made was adding API credentials. This seems to be where the latest problem was. Might remove from CBSubs manual that this is not mandatory? Thanks for all the help.

5 years 2 months ago #310558 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs and Paypal
The API credentials are mandatory for CBSubs to be able to cancel the subscriptions. This is stated directly in the parameters information. If you're not using recurring subscriptions for example there isn't really a reason to provide the API credentials beyond being able to do refunds from CBSubs. When we rewrite the PayPal gateway to use their new API the credentials will likely become mandatory.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.302 seconds