CB Subs integration email expiration timing

4 years 7 months ago #313771 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Subs integration email expiration timing
Failed payments are typically just ignored. The basket will be left in a pending state if it's in a pending state otherwise if it's a renewal it'll simply expire when the expiration date is reached. There's no reason to do anything with them. They're not a dispute so reversal handling is not planned for failed payments (there's nothing to reverse as it failed).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 7 months ago #313772 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Subs integration email expiration timing
The problem is for auto renewal. We have a lot of customers with autorenewal and Stripe and when the payment is failed this way, there is no indication for us or them for an immediate action.

It is needed that we or them can address the failed payment and either ask for an alternate way to pay or decide that it's really a will to expire the subscription

But as there is simply no indication nowhere in CBSubs for failed renewal it's pretty difficult to do for now.

Could you add a failed state or something somewhere ?

4 years 7 months ago #313775 by krileon
The subscr_failed event with a Denied status is meant to log a failed payment row, but isn't currently being handled in the notification handling. Will review implementing handling of those events in the notification behavior, but it doesn't do anything except log a failed payment row.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7678

For now I suggest just enabling the notifications at Stripe, which you can do under Settings > Subscriptions and emails then toggle "Send emails when card payments fail" on.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 7 months ago #313776 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Subs integration email expiration timing
OK.

Notification via email is already activated at Stripe. That may be good to advise the customer but it does not let our staff to be advised of a failure.

What we are seeking is a quick way to be advised and take the appropriate steps.

Any suggestion ?

4 years 7 months ago #313779 by krileon
No idea, you'd need to check with Stripe to see if they have a setting to notify you of a failed payment. Since CBSubs has no payment method management (e.g. for users to update their card on file) the failed payment handling isn't particularly useful to CBSubs.

Once/If payment method management is implemented there would likely be official notifications specifically for failed payments since users would be able to do something about such an issue. Have to keep in mind CBSubs was originally designed specifically for PayPal where none of this is an issue since they'd manage all of that from their PayPal account directly. It's a slow process decoupling that dependency to make CBSubs more gateway agnostic.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.370 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn