CBSubs Stripe Sepa recurring payments and triggers

3 years 10 months ago #319152 by activha
That's great news ;-)
What is your projected timetable for this ? we can help on the dev site if you want to test

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #319153 by beat

activha wrote: That's great news ;-)
What is your projected timetable for this ? we can help on the dev site if you want to test

Your valid question is already answered above... ;-) :

beat wrote: It is planned to implement a business process manager, which will be improving providing invoices for recurrent payments. No ETA, except that it's at least more than a couple of months away, as there are many other tasks in parallel of this long one.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

3 years 9 months ago #319260 by activha
@kyle

Coming back on this :

CBSubs just waits until the payment gateway tells it a renewal has come in. If the renewal doesn't come in then it will expire the subscription, which is done using whatever method you configured in CBSubs > Settings > Global.

Does Stripe send a web hook when the payment is initiated as SEPA ? before it clears and is paid 5 to 10 days later ?
And in this case could you get this web hook in CBsubs to know that a payment is coming and then set it as paid until it clears or not ?

Just an idea :-)

3 years 9 months ago #319268 by krileon

Does Stripe send a web hook when the payment is initiated as SEPA ? before it clears and is paid 5 to 10 days later ?

I'm not sure what kind of notification you're expecting. They notify CBSubs that it's processing, but we don't do anything with processing notifications as that's just a pending state. CBSubs doesn't particularly care about the notification until it is marked paid.

And in this case could you get this web hook in CBsubs to know that a payment is coming and then set it as paid until it clears or not ?

Stripe is waiting on the payment to clear and once it does they'll immediately notify CBSubs. There is no such thing as predicting a payment will clear before it has cleared notification; it's either cleared or it's not. SEPA payments are slow to authorize and there's no workaround for that. If you want pending payments to be automatically accepted then configure "Accept payment once" to "Even if payment is pending authorization, authorized or captured". If you only want that parameter to apply to SEPA payments make a copy of your Stripe gateway, configure it to only accept SEPA payments, and change that parameter to accept pending. If the SEPA payment fails or is disputed you may need to handle the reversal manually though, but if that's not a common occurrence it should be fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 9 months ago #319287 by activha

I'm not sure what kind of notification you're expecting. They notify CBSubs that it's processing, but we don't do anything with processing notifications as that's just a pending state. CBSubs doesn't particularly care about the notification until it is marked paid.

Sorry if I'm not clear, but my question was targeted mainly at recurring SEPA payment.
If we set accept payments "Even if payment is pending authorization, authorized or captured" does this mean that for recurring payments the paid state will occur at the date of recurring or that the paid state will only happen when the captured SEPA recurring payment will come back from STRIPE ?

What we need is a way to mark the recurring paid at the date of recurring so that a new invoice is generated on our outside software, then we can wait for STRIPE to say if it's ok or not an act accordingly

3 years 9 months ago #319288 by krileon
I see, so when the Pending notification comes through regarding a recurring payment you'd like it to be marked paid. This should avoid that 10-14 day delay for SEPA recurring payments. This should be doable since some of that code is already there with "Accept payment once", but it doesn't apply to recurring payments. Have added a feature ticket to implement a new option to "Accept payment once" to apply to recurring payments only.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8067

I do not have a timeframe for this. I will be away next week for some much needed time off. Once I return there will be a lot of support and I've significant work to do on our site as we're in the process of improving its usability (you'll notice our downloads section has a facelift).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn