[SOLVED] How can admin manually subscribe a user to a plan?

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #188610 by prthnon
Hi, everyone:

We have a CBSubs plan which requires some manual admin processing to set up. So rather than having users subscribe to this plan through the front-end UI, we'd rather have them contact us off-line, we get their information, and then we subscribe them to the CBSubs plan through the back-end.

Is there a way to do this?

I don't see controls for this in the CBSubs back-end admin interface. For instance, the CB Paid Subscriptions tabs for Subscriptions, Baskets, and Payments have ways to list what entries are already there, but no way that I see to add a Subscription, or a Basket, or a Payment from the admin UI. I've looked through the manual, but don't see anything about this (of course, I could be overlooking it).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #188625 by beat
You do this from Community Builder's User Manager, in the Subscriptions tab.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 3 months ago #188634 by nant
As Beat said, you can manually subscribe a user by visiting his user profile in backend and selecting the subscription plan on the subscription tab.

You cannot however record any payment information this way (I am assuming this was the real question).

This is no way currently to create a basket from admin backend.

12 years 3 months ago #188673 by prthnon

beat wrote: You do this from Community Builder's User Manager, in the Subscriptions tab.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

So, how is this tab described in the documentation? The only mention I find of a Subscription Tab in the CB admin UI's User Manager is on page 33-34, part of an 11-page section on "CBSubs Expectations". That overview is nice, but it would also be good to have some reference documentation about this aspect of CBSubs administration, perhaps a new chapter "CBSubs operations" or "User administration" between chapters 14 and 15.

The manual is only 471 pages long. It clearly needs more pages. :-)

12 years 3 months ago #188691 by nant

12 years 3 months ago #188725 by AcE Kustoms
Thought I'd jump in here because I'm having a similar problem..I have two sub plans, ones free and one at a charge, now I'd like to reward members with free upgrades yet I get an error message when trying to upgrade them through their CB user panel, stating a member cant be in two plans of the same parent.....Now if I unsubscribe them and then rechoose their plan will it delete their info or cause any further issues as that seems the only option though I was worried to do so to my new members... I tried changing one of the plans so it didn't come under the other as a Parent "Top" plan and got a slightly different error, will post em up if needed but didnt screenshot them, I'm thinking I've stuffed up somewhere LOL...But gone through the PDF file and just cant find what setting or what I've done wrong but thinking it has something to do with the Parent/child aspect..

My first member who did pay didn't get their status automatically changed in their new subscription grouping and I had to manually do so, because she originally chose the paid package I seemed to be able to go into her user panel and change it no probs but if I'm trying to upgrade them from the free plan its not seemingly letting me, I manually allowed the change, I did notice I wasn't restricting the content through the sub plans, I'm doing it through the Joomla permission and user system itself, is that wrong???...I'm confused and hopefully I havent confused anyone trying to explain the prob LOL, but really need some help, besides that everything seems fine LOL so I didnt think it'd be a hard one but been trying to sort it for the last day or two and nuthin seems to be workin for me...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.326 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn