[SOLVED] How can admin manually subscribe a user to a plan?

12 years 3 months ago #188727 by nant

AcE Kustoms wrote: Thought I'd jump in here because I'm having a similar problem..I have two sub plans, ones free and one at a charge, now I'd like to reward members with free upgrades yet I get an error message when trying to upgrade them through their CB user panel, stating a member cant be in two plans of the same parent.....Now if I unsubscribe them and then rechoose their plan will it delete their info or cause any further issues as that seems the only option though I was worried to do so to my new members... I tried changing one of the plans so it didn't come under the other as a Parent "Top" plan and got a slightly different error, will post em up if needed but didnt screenshot them, I'm thinking I've stuffed up somewhere LOL...But gone through the PDF file and just cant find what setting or what I've done wrong but thinking it has something to do with the Parent/child aspect..

What exact message are you seeing?
please give information about these 2 plans?
Are they at the same level?
Are the mutually exclusive?

My first member who did pay didn't get their status automatically changed in their new subscription grouping and I had to manually do so, because she originally chose the paid package I seemed to be able to go into her user panel and change it no probs but if I'm trying to upgrade them from the free plan its not seemingly letting me, I manually allowed the change, I did notice I wasn't restricting the content through the sub plans, I'm doing it through the Joomla permission and user system itself, is that wrong???...I'm confused and hopefully I havent confused anyone trying to explain the prob LOL, but really need some help, besides that everything seems fine LOL so I didnt think it'd be a hard one but been trying to sort it for the last day or two and nuthin seems to be workin for me...

I don't understand what you mean by "didn't get their status automatically changed" - please explain.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #188749 by beat
AcE Kustoms,

You probably have a leftover expired/cancelled subscription which is not visible in the user subscriptions tab in the backend, and doesn't allow an upgrade "backwards" to an already existing single-instance plan.

You can go into "Subscriptions" menu of CBSubs, type-in the username in the search box and you will find all subscriptions, past and present. There you can delete a past inactive subscription, and then you should be able to upgrade.

(that's if i understood you right).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #188769 by AcE Kustoms
Both plans I thought were exclusive, yet they both have the same parent-The default Top parent...I think this is the area I'm slipping up on though not sure, here's a screenshot of my current subscription plans...At the moment I want the Gold membership to be free though later I will charge for this membership so I have a basic free membership which I'll activate as the default when I start charging.I also have the Platinum Pro plan, I made this in an attempt to create a free plan that I can upgrade people to as a reward plan but it didn't work as I want to be the only one to be able to see such but I cant seem to set it right-The only plans I'm really using atm is the Gold and Platinum

Now to the error I get when trying to manually upgrade-

Again it seems to be saying what you guys are but I think to simplify it its saying I cant have two regos to the same two child plans of the one parent????? I did change one of the plans to a different parent and it still diidnt allow upgrade.? I might be a bit dull but the message just don't make sense LOL

On the other aspect Nant the member I'm talking about registered, paid, yet couldn't see the content because in the user list their user group showed blank in both the CB Sub area and the Joomla User group, I had to manually add them but there was a Paypal issue that halted the payment, when I confirmed my Paypal email the payment went through, could this have caused the non automatic rego'ing problem...

I don't mind manually adding members atm as it seems I'll av to until I can get through the whole PDF help file LOL, its the upgrading bit thats annoyin me the most :)

Cheers for your replies guys, hopefully the screenies may help a bit better this time in expalining the issue..Regards Kain
Attachments:

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #188770 by AcE Kustoms
For some reason wldnt let me post this one aswell, but heres my basic levels atm.

Attachments:

12 years 3 months ago #188771 by AcE Kustoms
Alrighty something weird just happened-It worked????

It continullay refused to let me do it through the user member subscription tab in CB_Subs, coming up with the same error, tried it the way you mentioned Beat by doing a search instead to find the member then went into their subscription plan through a slightly different door, pushed the upgrade button (Ultimately in the same spot) and it worked..That seems really strange ?

But at least I hope that bits sorted LOL..I think...Cheerz Beat and Nant, the auto rego thing I'll keep an eye on, kinda need a new rego to see if it was just the Paypal issue so will report then if its all good..Again cheerz for the help guys..Much appreciated

12 years 3 months ago #189219 by musiczineguy
This is a very helpful thread.. I now understand how to manually subscribe a user to a plan. I have one additional question however.

Is there a way to manually change the start and end date for a subscription plan? I am currently converting an organization from a manual membership plan to using CBSubs online. Fortunately it's time for most of the club members to renew their memberships, so I don't have to worry about everybody having issues with existing memberships. But some of the users who will be registering on the site will already have membership that has not expired yet. For instance, one user I just manually set up as a test has a membership that is good from 12/10/11 to 12/10/12, however on the site that person is good from 1/25/12 to 1/25/13.

I'd like to be able to set the term manually for the year to begin on 12/10/11 and end on 12/10/12 so there will not be a membership lapse.

Thanks for any insight you can provide. Great product so far!!!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn