no users in the community builder user manager

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #190630 by wjgadmin
we have designed a new site & moved all users from old joomla 1.5 site to new joomla 1.7 site. i copied everything exactly as it was before. now we have all users in the joomla user manager but none in the community builder other than 2 admins that we already had there before moving the user db over. i have synced the community builder several times but still get no users. all of the users show up in the subscriptions area of the cbsubs subscriptions.
another problem is that it is not showing any upgrade possibilities neither in the admin nor on the site for the users. so if i sign in as a user on the front end and go to the user profile page there is no upgrade possibilities. it only show the current subscription. also if i visit a restricted page it says that it cant be accessed unless you have subscribed to these memberships, but there are none there to show. is there something missing? thanks
i am using joomla 1.7 with the newest version of cb & cbsubs
also i should add, that if you are not signed into the site & you look at the restricted pages, you do see the subscriptions so it must be a problem with the users and something with the upgrade possibilities.
please have a look purefinancialacademy.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #190631 by nant
Please give exact version - newest version doesn't help.

Also please note that Joomla 1.5 to 1.7 is not an easy upgrade.
It is really a migration - how exactly did you migrate?

12 years 2 months ago #190632 by wjgadmin
cb 1.7.1
the guy i hired moved the tables over manually one by one and copied every table as it was.

12 years 2 months ago #190633 by nant

wbusbytrader wrote: cb 1.7.1
the guy i hired moved the tables over manually one by one and copied every table as it was.

Suggest you hire someone else then as a Joomla 1.5 to 1.7 migration process is much more involved than just copying over tables.

The database has changed.
There are migration tools that should be used - search for jupgrade on google to see such a tool.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #190635 by wjgadmin
i just ran a user db check from the tools in the community builer and found a couple of errors. so i fixed them and now all users are in the cb database:)
the only problem is now the upgrade possiblities. so it looks like the db is good now outside of the upgrades not showing.
you can see this by visiting the site purefinancialacademy.com and use these credentials
user: wbusbytrader
pass: password

in the admin the upgrade possibilities are still not there either but everything else is working good.

12 years 2 months ago #190642 by wjgadmin
is this a problem that i can correct???
since everything is correct with the db now is that still a problem with the migration or is it in the settings? am i missing a setting that i should turn on? should it not show the upgrades in both the admin & on the frontend for the users?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn