no users in the community builder user manager

12 years 2 months ago #190644 by wjgadmin
i should point out that this was not a migration. it was fresh install of joomla 1.7

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #190657 by nant

wbusbytrader wrote: i should point out that this was not a migration. it was fresh install of joomla 1.7

Your very first statement on this thread reads:

we have designed a new site & moved all users from old joomla 1.5 site to new joomla 1.7 site.

This implies a migration.

But if all you need to to move users and their CB Data, then your best bet is to use CB Juice.

You cannot just copy users over - there is a remaping process that need to take place.

12 years 2 months ago #190659 by nant
Plus I should also point out that you cannot expect that such a move will transfer also CBSubs related data and subscriptions.

12 years 2 months ago #190661 by wjgadmin
so im confused. are you saying that i can not move all the data using cbjuice or that i can? we have a new install of joomla 1.7 and the old site is joomla 1.5. when we installed the new version of joomla 1.7 i just need to get all of the users data to the new site so i can continue to use the subscriptions and keep getting paid.
what is the simplest way to do that?

12 years 2 months ago #190671 by krileon
To move users from 1 install to another you should use CB Juice. All other methods probably will not work. You can also use jUpgrade to migrate your J1.5 install to J2.5 as I spent well over 3 days writing the migration script in jUpgrade for CB. I don't recommend using J1.7 as it's about to be discontinued in like 3 months (short lifespan). To use jUpgrade properly you'd first upgrade your CB install to CB 1.7.1 then migrate with jUpgrade.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn