PayPal payment did not trigger renewal

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #212335 by AlexRag
I've had some paypal payments come through for members but it did not trigger the renewal.

They are still flagged as expired. In addition it appears as thought they are now also blocked preventing access

Is there some configuration that I'm missing?

Thanks,
Alex

P.S. PayPal IPN is enabled and the IPN history shows its working.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #212355 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Re: PayPal payment did not trigger renewal
Update/Confirmation: There is definitely something happening that seems peculiar

Once a user pays via PayPal their expired membership does not renew AND their access is flagged as "blocked".

My workaround is to manually go into their profile and "reactivate" their membership.

Any thoughts on what I need to do to fix this problem? Does a PayPal payment not automatically trigger the renewal?

11 years 6 months ago #212447 by AlexRag
May have figured out the problem it has to do with the Regular Validity duration being set incorrectly. It was set to "This calendar year" and pushed to the renewal date to be in the past causing the member to have to renew a second time to extend the membership.

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #212559 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: PayPal payment did not trigger renewal
If renewal is set to renew at time of expiration instead of at payment it'd cause them to renew past time that they may have not used. So if they'd be gone for a year, renew, they'd have to renew twice to become active again. This shouldn't happen to people with recurring payments though as it should keep them active properly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #223834 by AlexRag
Same issue has occured again.

A member whose membership had expired in September 30, 2012 has just now renewed.

I have the plan set as
Regular Validity duration: This calendar year
Start Day of Calendar Year: 10-01

They paid by paypal. IPN shows as sent, transaction appears in basket BUT the member was not activated.

Their profile still shows as: 30 September 2011 - 30 September 2012 Expired 09/30/2012
with a button that says: Reactivate CAD $20 for 1 October 2012 - 30 September 2013 (valid from now on)

Ideally what I'd hoped would happen is the new expiry date would have been September 30,2013.

Is this possibly happening because the member had not renewed the previous membership (30 September 2011 - 30 September 2012) which is essence means they have to renew twice to get caught up?

11 years 1 month ago #223874 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: PayPal payment did not trigger renewal
You need to edit your plans and ensure you've "Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows:" set to "Renewal starts at expiration date or at payment date - whichever happens last (allows free gap)" as depending on your configuration it's probably working exactly as expected. If it's not set to renew from payment date (default) then you're going to be forcing them to pay for past time they did not use (as explained in my previous reply).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.276 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn