PayPal payment did not trigger renewal

11 years 1 month ago #223903 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Re: PayPal payment did not trigger renewal
I have a better understanding on what you meant my "gap". I have set up as "renewal extends expiration period (without gap or overlap)

What's not clear thought was the membership for the last person expired on September 30,2012 and the only just renewed now. When they went to to renew manually (via paypal) the expiration did not apply from October 1, 2012 to September 30, 2013.

What I ideally would like is that there is no free gap. The membership period picks up where the last one ended off with an expire to September 30. 2013.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #223957 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: PayPal payment did not trigger renewal

What I ideally would like is that there is no free gap. The membership period picks up where the last one ended off with an expire to September 30. 2013.

You already have this except your plan is a duration of 1 calendar year. So they'd need to renew twice to be up to date if they expired 2011.

Allowing for a gap doesn't mean they'll continue to have access. They'll expire like they normally would except when they go to renew it'll renew from their payment date instead of when they expired a year ago. This means they don't have to pay for a year they never used.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #223962 by AlexRag
The membership expired in September 2012, not 2011. Does this make a difference?
When they renewed, I wanted the renewal to take them to September 30, 2013.

11 years 1 month ago #223969 by krileon
Did they expire September 30, 2012? If is the case then their renewal should expire for September 30, 2013 I believe.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #223970 by AlexRag
Yes. Which had be wondering why the renewal did not take?

Is the quickest way to fix this to edit the entry in the database? If so, what database table can I edit to manually change the expiry date?

11 years 1 month ago #223977 by krileon
Is this on CBSubs 2.x or 3.x? There is a known issue with calculations in "by calendar year" durations due to site offset and believe something else can cause them to mess up, but I can't recall what.

Is the quickest way to fix this to edit the entry in the database? If so, what database table can I edit to manually change the expiry date?

You can manually fix the dates and activate the subscription from CBSubs > Subscriptions then click the ID of the subscription under the id column.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.365 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn