Mailer attachment problem

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #215730 by TN1992
Mailer attachment problem was created by TN1992
Hi, I have made a mailer and everything is working fine however the attachment doesn't come through. I am using a direct absolute link which is www.resolution-nutrition.com/images/Month_One.pdf I have tested the URL and it is working fine but wont come through with the email.

Do you have any suggestions as to why it is not working?

Thanks

Hi, is anyone looking into this? I normally get a response within a few days.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #216187 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Mailer attachment problem
Have you tried sending the email to a @yahoo.com email address or other major mail server? Does attachments work from emails setup on the presentation tab of your plans?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 5 months ago #216206 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Mailer attachment problem

TN1992 wrote: Hi, I have made a mailer and everything is working fine however the attachment doesn't come through. I am using a direct absolute link which is www.resolution-nutrition.com/images/Month_One.pdf I have tested the URL and it is working fine but wont come through with the email.

Do you have any suggestions as to why it is not working?

Thanks

Hi, is anyone looking into this? I normally get a response within a few days.

Please study your CBSubs manual and even take a look at the tooltip explanation on the mailer attachment parameter. You need to put an absolute path not a link ....

11 years 5 months ago #216584 by TN1992
Replied by TN1992 on topic Re: Mailer attachment problem
I have done as you have said with the absolute server path and it still hasn't worked.

Any suggestions now?

11 years 5 months ago #216596 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Mailer attachment problem

TN1992 wrote:
Any suggestions now?

Yup.

Start by giving version numbers (should have insisted on this before).

Then post exactly how are you testing and what results are you seeing.

11 years 5 months ago #216726 by TN1992
Replied by TN1992 on topic Re: Mailer attachment problem
Hi

CB Version 1.8.1

CB Paid Subcriptions 2.0.2

The absolute server path I'm using is:

/var/www/vhosts/http://www.resolution-nutrition.com/httpdocs/images/Month_One.pdf

I get an error page come up when I try to access it (see attached) and when we receive the mailer there is no attachment there.

I contacted the server guys for the absolute server path so I'm not sure whats wrong.
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn