PayPal Payment Not Activating Plan Access

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #221752 by darmon9
J!2.5.8
CBSubs 2.02
CB 1.9

Hello,
After reading all the forum posts with the word "PAYPAL" in them, I decided to write this post.

PayPal gateway is configured with full step-by-step CBSubs instructions.

My Non-Working Scenario:
After a user is PAYING for a plan upgrade with PayPal, the user is returned to the website from PayPal automatically.

The returned URL look like this:
www.mywebsitename.co.il/?tx=5BA230698M933103B&st=Completed&amt=1.00&cc=ILS&cm=38&item_number=S53-831-11

(as you can see the word Completed in the URL, with the correct amount and PayPal item number)

Payment is actually made, and the money comes out from the user's account into my account.

However,
1. The CBSubs system keeps blocking the user from accessing that plan.
2. The user is having a "Waiting Payment" for that plan on his account.
3. On Paid Subscriptions > Payments there is NO INDICATION for any payment.
4. On Paid Subscriptions > Notifications is NO INDICATION for any payment.

As far as CBSubs knows - there was no payment.

Furthermore,
Whenever the user is logging in to my website again with Username and Password - he is being AUTOMATICALLY REDIRECTED to PayPal, to Make The Same Payment he already did, like it never happand before...

Any ideas on what might be the problem?

Where should I pay attention on closing the PayPal payment scenario?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #221763 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PayPal Payment Not Activating Plan Access
Your return URL isn't correct and if there is no indication of payment then you don't have IPNs configured. Please review your CBSubs documentation as you do not have the gateway or your PayPal account configured properly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago #221770 by darmon9
Replied by darmon9 on topic PayPal Payment Not Activating Plan Access
Thanks for the super fast response.

I will recheck and update this thread.

11 years 2 months ago #221853 by darmon9
J!2.5.8
CBSubs 2.02
CB 1.9

I followed the CBsubs Documentation step-by-step.

Your return URL isn't correct and if there is no indication of payment then you don't have IPNs configured.

IPN is now configured OK, and I am starting to get PAID SUBSCRIPTION > NOTIFICATIONS.
So that is a progress.

The new Notifications are:

Log Type: IPN notification not authenticating at payment gateway
Verification: INVALID

Other fields are EMPTY.

As suggested on other forum posts:
  • I have copied and pasted the PayPal Link from IPN History - Got INVALID
  • I have turned off any "Suspicious" Plugins

Nothing helped.

as before, Payment is actually being made.

3. On Paid Subscriptions > Payments there is NO INDICATION for any payment.

The most "Amazing" part is when ever the PAYING USER is logging back to my site - he is being AUTOMATICALLY REDIRECTED to PayPal, to Make The Same Payment again.

Please, help me - I am REALLY lost here...

11 years 2 months ago #221882 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PayPal Payment Not Activating Plan Access
Again, you do not have the gateway or your PayPal account configured correctly. This is not something we can do for you as it'd compromise your PayPal account.

Please review the documentation carefully and review the instructions within the PayPal Gateway. Take the configuration slowly and read every word as messing up the configuration means a non-working gateway. Do not accept payments without testing and confirming this is working.

Within your PayPal account you can also check IPN History to try and force re-send an IPN. You can also grab the URL and copy/paste directly to browser and attempt to navigate to it. It should tell you "basket does not log in" if access to the URL is working ok.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago #221900 by darmon9
Update:

After monitoring my website and PayPal network activity, I realized I got error 500 from PayPal.

(My IP Address is here) - - [26/Feb/2013:14:22:18 +0200] "GET /index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpgacctno=1&cbppdtback=4abfe8b2330b40f2910ed368564d5eb4&cbpbasket=46&result=notify&cbpid=cbp512ca8240349a707434718&format=raw HTTP/1.1" 500 189 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.22 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/25.0.1364.97 Safari/537.22"
(My IP Address is here) - - [26/Feb/2013:14:42:04 +0200] "GET /index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpgacctno=1&cbppdtback=4abfe8b2330b40f2910ed368564d5eb4&cbpbasket=46&result=notify&cbpid=cbp512ca8240349a707434718&format=raw HTTP/1.1" 500 189 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.22 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/25.0.1364.97 Safari/537.22"
(My IP Address is here) - - [26/Feb/2013:15:03:54 +0200] "GET /index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpgacctno=1&cbppdtback=4abfe8b2330b40f2910ed368564d5eb4&cbpbasket=47&result=notify&cbpid=cbp512cb1be0090a927448158&format=raw HTTP/1.1" 500 189 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0"

Again, you do not have the gateway or your PayPal account configured correctly. This is not something we can do for you as it'd compromise your PayPal account.

I started again, using a fresh PayPal Sandbox configuration.

I already made my first Sandbox purchase, and - same result - with one important change:

No more "Error 500" (I got 200 - OK), and a Thank You Message appears for the first time on my site! :)

Also On Paid Subscriptions > Payments there are now PAYMENTS on the list - Sand box - but still, payments.

Payments are showing all the details, includes Txn id, Item number, Payment basket etc.

Status is PENDING.

It looks great with Sandbox, However:
(Maybe now it is because of "PENDING" status?)

The most "Amazing" part - still happens, where the PAYING USER is logging in and being AUTOMATICALLY REDIRECTED to PayPal (sandbox...) to complete The Same Payment again.

So,
We are getting closer - but only with Sandbox Paypal.

Please review the documentation carefully and review the instructions within the PayPal Gateway.

I assure you I did.

Take the configuration slowly and read every word as messing up the configuration means a non-working gateway.

Triple checked everything, on 2 different days...

I feel that the process is logical and simple, but still - something about the "Live" Paypal is not working as expected.

Are the "Clues" on this post give you some ideas on how to solve it?

Thank you so much - Your support is truly amazing.
I hope we will get to the solution of it.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn