PayPal Payment Not Activating Plan Access

11 years 2 months ago #221982 by darmon9
Update:

The problem was that since my website is in Hebrew language, I named my plans in Hebrew (UTF-8).

The PayPal account language encoding default does not support UTF-8 so it had a MISMATCH in the name plans and could not confirm and activate it.

I went to PayPal > Profile > Selling Preferences > Language Encoding and changed all to UTF-8.

Problem solved.

I Recommend to add a note on this, maybe in your documentation (which is amazing BTW...), for NON-ENGLISH websites to pay attention on how they name their plans.

Thank You!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #221998 by darmon9
Replied by darmon9 on topic PayPal Payment Not Activating Plan Access
Well, celebration were a bit too early...

:woohoo: -> :pinch:

After another test we made today:

PayPal SANDBOX: All 100% OK

PayPal LIVE: Not OK.

As before, payment is actually being made.
1. The CBSubs system keeps blocking the user from accessing that plan.
2. The user is having a "Waiting Payment" for that plan on his account.
3. On Paid Subscriptions > Payments there is NO INDICATION for any payment.

The ONLY thing I changed was the PayPal details for the account, from Sandbox to Live.
I checked it carefully, and did this test 3 times with the same results.

I really don't know what is going on.

Any chance to send you PM with access details?

11 years 2 months ago #222029 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PayPal Payment Not Activating Plan Access
Your live account is probably not configured properly. The settings on PayPals end is very important. The only way for me to take a look is to have your PayPal login and backend super administrator access and if you're comfortable providing PayPal then please PM me the credentials and will configure it for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #222042 by darmon9
Replied by darmon9 on topic PayPal Payment Not Activating Plan Access
XXXX

11 years 2 months ago #222068 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PayPal Payment Not Activating Plan Access
Have reviewed your PayPal account and "Payment Data Transfer (optional)" was not enabled in website payment preferences and is the cause for purchases failing on live gateway usage. This is required for data to be sent back to your site. I've configured a live PayPal gateway within CBSubs based off your PayPal accounts credentials. Please give it a test and ensure is working as expected.

If issue persists then please try using a plan with a more simple name as believe quotes will cause issues with the plan being validated (believe is fixed in 3.0.0, you're on 2.0.2).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn