multilanguage in confirmation & approval emails?

17 years 9 months ago #16470 by smeallum
Hi people...

I am wondering if anybody has implemented or knows what i should do more or less to implement sending the confirmation and approval automatic emails in different languages depending on what language was the current language the user was viewing the site in when he registered.

Is it possible?

Thanks a lot
Cheers,
NiCo/SMeaLLuM:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #16620 by Kzimir
i'm interested too :)

17 years 9 months ago #17086 by smeallum
BUMP BUMP...

I hope that one of the developers from CB sees this and can at least confirm that right now CB cannot do this.

Cheers,
NiCo/SMeaLLuM

17 years 9 months ago #17111 by nant
I recall that if you approve the user via the frontend having set the joomlafish language setting then language translation will happen for the email message.

Backend cannot be done.

(at least it works this way on my site)

17 years 9 months ago #17116 by smeallum
I am not sure i understand your answer. I am asking specifically about the emails sent by CB to users when they register to confirm and approve their registration.

The text of this email is always the same(it is specified through the backend) no matter what the Joomfish Site language has been chosen by the user. The user does see all the registration fields names in the chosen language while he is registering, but the email in his language i need it "language aware" too.

If it cannot be done out of the box, where would i need to modify CB so it woudl grab laguage defines depending on the language chosen?

Cheers and many thanks,
NiCo

Post edited by: smeallum, at: 2006/07/15 18:38

17 years 9 months ago #17121 by nant
you are right - my answer relates to the manual approval workflow via the workflow module.

what you are asking for needs coding and it hasnt been done (as far as i know).

what i do in this case is have all my email text in 2 languages and utf-8.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn