eMail shown in Profile

17 years 9 months ago #16585 by imforumman
Replied by imforumman on topic Re:eMail shown in Profile
Ok, bear with be on this.

By starting a sepperate clean install of joomla and CB only, I was able to figure out I meant the _UE_CONTACT_INFO_HEADER tab that I had renamed.

But... looking at my clean install, I can't get it to show there either.

Joomla 1.0.10
CB 1.0

@nant: would you be willing to take a look at the site if I send you a login/pw via mail/pm?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #40509 by joanie57
Replied by joanie57 on topic Re:eMail shown in Profile
I have the same question about showing the e-mail address in the profile.

nant wrote:

Just set the various parameters and see the outcome.

It can be shown - the system operates just as the explanation states.

The primary email address is the one that is given during the registration process.

New fields of email type can also be created - these are handled by the second option you have given.

Nant, are you saying that to get the user's e-mail address to show up in the Contact Info tab, you must create a new field for it (ask the user to enter an address when updating, that will show in his profile)? I don't have a problem with doing this, I just want to be sure I'm doing it right.

Thanks

Post edited by: joanie57, at: 2007/07/04 14:45

16 years 9 months ago #40510 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:eMail shown in Profile
joanie57 wrote:

I have the same question about showing the e-mail address in the profile.

nant wrote:

Just set the various parameters and see the outcome.

It can be shown - the system operates just as the explanation states.

The primary email address is the one that is given during the registration process.

New fields of email type can also be created - these are handled by the second option you have given.

Nant, are you saying that to get the user's e-mail address to show up in the Contact Info tab, you must create a new field for it (ask the user to enter an address when updating, that will show in his profile)? I don't have a problem with doing this, I just want to be sure I'm doing it right.

Thanks

Post edited by: joanie57, at: 2007/07/04 14:45

The above response was to this post:

--

Hi all!

Ok, so maybe I'm the dufus of the century, but something in CB seems confusing: can, or can I not, have the (non-CB field) email address (entered during registration) displayed on the profile?

I have the feeling it can't be shown, but the option

"Email Handling --Display Email w/ MailTo link-- NOTE: This setting only applies to the users primary email address."

seems should do just that, no? If not, what is the "primary" email address? What then is the difference between that an the

"Email Links --Yes-- Allow Email Links. NOTE: this setting only applies to custom fields of type email"

option? Someone please explain.

Thank you!

--
If you set the email handling configuration parameter (see CB Configuration backend) you should be able to get what you want without adding a new field.

16 years 9 months ago #40832 by caltucker
Replied by caltucker on topic Re:eMail shown in Profile
I think what everyone is saying is that We have done what you have advised, and we cannot get the primary email address to show on the User's Profile, This seems to be a very common issue, that has not been specifically answered on the forum, and is not addressed in the documentation service that I paid for.

16 years 9 months ago #40834 by joanie57
Replied by joanie57 on topic Re:eMail shown in Profile
The options for the e-mail handling affect what happens when a user clicks on the "messages" button at the top of another user's profile. Either the actual e-mail address shows up there, or a link to a "submit message" form is shown.

That's fine, and it works correctly. But it seems that the only way to have the address show up as a "mailto" link in the profile is to create a new field for it, and ask the user to re-enter it when updating their profile. (Or enter it twice when registering, if you make it a required field).

I have already had several users ask me about this. They want their address to be shown in the "Contact Info" tab, not as a link from a button on the top. Some of my users don't realize what that "Messages" button is for.

16 years 7 months ago #44379 by Mikeister
Replied by Mikeister on topic Re:eMail shown in Profile
I'm having the same problem right now and it took me quite while to figure out, that actually this "Messages"-Menu is not shown on your own profile...

However it really would be nice to be able to show this primary E-mail in the contact info tab, because so all the contact information would be available in own place.

Is there a way to do so or there no way?

Thanks,

Mika

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn