Skip to Content Skip to Menu

you are not authorized to view this resource

• fishfood
  • fishfood
17 years 2 months ago #32936 by fishfood
I've just worked through this same problem this morning.

The solution for me was to turn RG_Emulation in globals.php to 0 (or off). Works a treat now!

PS - Sorry, clicked the wrong reply button earlier (silly board system this!) and ended up replying half way through the topic!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #35497 by joejackson
Replied by joejackson on topic Re:you are not authorized to view this resource
And the solution was.......... ???

• Narya
  • Narya
16 years 11 months ago #38786 by Narya
p9939068 wrote:

If your site's registration settings require user's email confirmation or admin approval, that could be the reason.

Well my site requires email confirmation. Why should that be a problem?

To be more precise: This pop-up message pops up when I am logging in _after_ I've misstyped my password.

So I
  1. Tried to log in using a wrong password --> Incorrect username or password. Works well.
  2. Tried to log in immediately afterwards using the correct (admin) username and password --> First popup: You are not authorized to view this resource. Second popup: "Site is based on POST data, should I go on"? --> If no: blank page, if yes: Third popup: "Incorrect username or password. Please try again." The page I get afterwards displays the same message and it's URL is "user_profile/task,login/" (using OpenSEF). The login, however, has been successful although I get the error message.

I am using Joomla! 1.0.12 Stable, with CB 1.0.2 and Captcha add-on. I'm also using OpenSEF.

You can try it out on www.supremacy1914.com using both cbtest as username and password.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Cheers,
christopher

• p9939068
  • p9939068
16 years 11 months ago #38872 by p9939068
If your site requires email confirmation, it means the user has not confirmed his email. Upon registration, a user will receive an automated email with a link for him to click on to confirm his email.

Mike Feng
Creator of SIMGallery, SIMAnswers, and ParaInvite
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch

• Narya
  • Narya
16 years 11 months ago #38874 by Narya
Well thanks for the reply, but I know what "email confirmation" is in general... I do, however, not think that this is at all related to the problem we are facing here.

Maybe I did not make this (in my eyes quite extensive) problem description clear enough.

I myself and every user can log in to my site, we all know what email registration is and all accounts are confirmed, approved and enabled, but still I get the described sequence of annoying pop-up errors when (succesfully) logging in after trying once with a mistyped password.

I had the impression that this was more the problem the other guys in this thread had than just users not clicking on the confirmation link...

Any ideas here?

Regards,
christopher

• Narya
  • Narya
16 years 4 months ago #53630 by Narya
Finally.
6 months later I managed to solve this problem :)

It was connected to OpenSEF. I disabled the alias I've been using for the Community Builder and that solved the problem.

Just in case anyone has the same problem...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon