User profile articles & archives

17 years 3 months ago #29724 by markham
User profile articles & archives was created by markham
I actually have two issues I'm wrestling with.

I have CB building article lists for each of the registered users, and have that linked to a "search by author" button on the home page. Works fine.

The two issues I need help with are:

1) the article list for the users only shows currently published articles and not their archived articles. How can I get those on the article lists?

2) How do I deal with articles that have two authors? Do I need to create two copies, each with a different author, to get them to show up on the articles lists?

Thanks. I've searched the forums fairly extensively and haven't been able to find an answer to either of these.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #56865 by Mainedc
Replied by Mainedc on topic Re:User profile articles & archives
Did you find a solution for this?

16 years 2 months ago #56868 by markham
Replied by markham on topic Re:User profile articles & archives
Kind of. I started entering the authors names in the metadata field for each post: now they can at least do a search on their full name to bring everything up.

16 years 2 months ago #56869 by Mainedc
Thank you...

This is a big problem- do you have any thoughts on how to resolve it? We can unarchive everything- but that means everything is published -

Or we archive and then those author articles that are archived are not listed in their profiles

Anyone??? We need to find a way to get around this.

16 years 2 months ago #56872 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:User profile articles & archives
markham wrote:

I actually have two issues I'm wrestling with.

I have CB building article lists for each of the registered users, and have that linked to a "search by author" button on the home page. Works fine.

The two issues I need help with are:

1) the article list for the users only shows currently published articles and not their archived articles. How can I get those on the article lists?

2) How do I deal with articles that have two authors? Do I need to create two copies, each with a different author, to get them to show up on the articles lists?

Thanks. I've searched the forums fairly extensively and haven't been able to find an answer to either of these.

articles are joomla/mambo items.

have no idea how you can designate multiple authors for a single article.

also when an article is archived can it be viewed?

if not, then how would you propose such articles should be listed?

16 years 2 months ago #56880 by Mainedc
In our case- we only need one author per article.

We need to show all articles for the author even if they have been archived. We found that if we archive an article, it is removed from the authors profile - list of articles. This doesn't make sense.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn