User profile articles & archives

16 years 2 months ago #56893 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:User profile articles & archives
Mainedc wrote:

In our case- we only need one author per article.

We need to show all articles for the author even if they have been archived. We found that if we archive an article, it is removed from the authors profile - list of articles. This doesn't make sense.

But isn't this how Joomla works?

When an article is archived you can no longer see it on frontend - not even the title.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #56894 by Mainedc
Replied by Mainedc on topic Re:User profile articles & archives
I'm still learning what joomla will do- I want to archive, but I also want a complete list of articles for each of our authors. If we want to archive after say one or two months- and authors go back a year- then no one will see their profile page complete. In other words, if their articles are all archived, it will look as if they don't have any articles. Or maybe 1 instead of 10. (follow?).

This is important to our authors/users and part of our benefits for them to submit new articles to us.
www.unlimitedworld.org It is like a CV for the authors and they then essentially have their own link and it is very popular for them.
thank you. anyone?

16 years 2 months ago #56901 by nant
Mainedc wrote:

I'm still learning what joomla will do- I want to archive, but I also want a complete list of articles for each of our authors. If we want to archive after say one or two months- and authors go back a year- then no one will see their profile page complete. In other words, if their articles are all archived, it will look as if they don't have any articles. Or maybe 1 instead of 10. (follow?).

This is important to our authors/users and part of our benefits for them to submit new articles to us.
www.unlimitedworld.org It is like a CV for the authors and they then essentially have their own link and it is very popular for them.
thank you. anyone?

Ok, understand better now.

You would need to make a number of modifications to the CB plugin (cb.authortab.php file of plug_cbmamboauthortab plugin - located in user plugin folder).

You would need to change the database query to not filter out archived fields.

And then you would need to change the code to not link back to archived article.

16 years 2 months ago #57460 by Mainedc
Dear Nick,
We appreciate your help. We are new and not experienced. Can you explain exactly what we need to do, step by step, to fix this- i.e to overwrite the code . If you have a way to find someone who knows CB and this type of issue to help us would be great. Or is there an option to pay someone?

Thank you.

16 years 2 months ago #57466 by nant
Mainedc wrote:

Dear Nick,
We appreciate your help. We are new and not experienced. Can you explain exactly what we need to do, step by step, to fix this- i.e to overwrite the code . If you have a way to find someone who knows CB and this type of issue to help us would be great. Or is there an option to pay someone?

Thank you.

If you have a budget and would like a quote please pm beat on this site.

One quick way to do this would be to check the SQL query used in the code I mentioned and make it not filter archived articles.

16 years 1 month ago #58488 by Mainedc
Nick- are there people that can help us do this work?

You would need to make a number of modifications to the CB plugin (cb.authortab.php file of plug_cbmamboauthortab plugin - located in user plugin folder).

You would need to change the database query to not filter out archived fields.

And then you would need to change the code to not link back to archived article.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn