CBSubs Import Error

5 years 2 months ago #309494 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic CBSubs Import Error
Finally!

So for anyone dealing with this: no field headings, and the date AND time in the following format:

190,5,A,2018-12-03 00:00:01
219,4,X,2015-06-11 00:00:01
222,2,A,2018-03-22 00:00:01
223,2,X,2015-04-10 00:00:01
225,5,A,2018-12-03 00:00:01
226,5,A,2018-12-03 00:00:01
224,4,X,2015-07-10 00:00:01

The "dry run" test import worked.

Thank you,
Ernie
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #309533 by ernienet
I have two test accounts that I imported as expired:

398,4,X,2017-12-01 00:00:01
399,2,X,2017-11-15 00:00:01

4 = Corporate member
2 = Individual member

When I check under Subscriptions, the imported records appear with the expected expiry date and status (Expired).

I expected that the "expired" emails would automatically send upon importing expired records based on the "Please note..." paragraph on page 387 of the 4.1.0 manual.

I'm using the Email Integration plug-in. Why didn't the emails send?

Thank you,
Ernie

5 years 2 months ago #309564 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs Import Error
Import of expired subscriptions will not trigger emails. If the subscriptions meet the criteria for a CBSubs Mailer usage though it will send the email next time the mailer is triggered.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #309575 by ernienet
I'm not sure what those criteria are...

For many of the users, they were never really "subscribers" to anything - I'm assigning them to the "free" plan because I've set this site up to require that everyone be a member of ONE plan.

For these free users, can I set the expiration for the next day after I do the live import so that the emails will trigger the next day?

I see reference to a CRON in Setup -> Global -> Automation settings that appears to trigger emails and auto-recurring payments (which I do not have set up), and brief discussion in the documentation (pg. 130-131). Does the CBSubs extension create the CRON job or Do I have to set it up in my cPanel?

As for the paid users who have previously expired, Is there a manual way to send the messages?

Thank you,
Ernie

5 years 2 months ago #309606 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs Import Error
For CBSubs Mailer criteria it's entirely dependent on your mailer configuration. So for example if you've a mailer that sends an email 1 week after they've expired that should continue to work even for imported subscriptions, but the emails configured under the Presentation tab won't fire.

I see reference to a CRON in Setup -> Global -> Automation settings that appears to trigger emails and auto-recurring payments (which I do not have set up), and brief discussion in the documentation (pg. 130-131). Does the CBSubs extension create the CRON job or Do I have to set it up in my cPanel?

You need to create the CRON job.

Sounds like your best option is to simply use CBSubs Mailer, setup a CRON to process mailers daily, then setup an email to send after users have expired. This should work fine with your import usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #309693 by ernienet
I created two test import records for test accounts and set them to expire tomorrow and Wednesday. I enabled the CRON job to fire at 4:05 AM Central Time each day.

So one email should trigger tomorrow morning, and the other the day after tomorrow, right?

But I'm not sure the emails will trigger at all because two people registered in the past two days and neither of them received the confirmation email.

Do I need to have the Name and Address fields completed? My conclusion from the documentation is that that information would be pulled from the CB Configuration, which, when left blank, would pull the information from Joomla Global Configuration, which contains the name and address in the Server -> Mail Settings, which I have set up.

Thank you,
Ernie
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.419 seconds