[#7495] Authorize.net intermittent pull

5 years 1 week ago #311320 by kurtboeker
Replied by kurtboeker on topic Authorize.net not initiated
Sorry, I saw someone else with a very similar problem last Friday and added to that topic but never got a response. I realized our subscription had run out and that was probably why my comment was not responded to. I have since renewed our subscription.

I did note below all our software is up to date.

Joomla version 3.9.4
CB 2.4.1
CB Subs 4.3.0+build.2019.03.04.17.10.55.69fa6f65e

Single payments

Store payment basket change log says: payment_status - NotInitiated

The problem is, the user's card is charged. But the subscription is not added to the user's account.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 week ago #311322 by kurtboeker
Thank you both for the replies. But we have looked into both of these issues. We do not use recurring payments. And our MD5 hash has always been empty. So I can't see how either of these pertain to us.

BUT this makes sense. "authorize.net has been working with CBSubs for over 8 years without such issues, and nothing in that gateway changed since around 5 years, so it's quite obvious that the recent changes at authorize.net are cause of this sudden headache."

5 years 1 week ago - 5 years 1 week ago #311323 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Authorize.net not initiated
The subscription isn't being paid because the MD5 check is probably failing. The MD5 was going to be discontinued, we were preparing for this, but they broke the MD5 before it was discontinued. Then they decided to extend usage of MD5, but stopped sending the MD5, but only sometimes. It's a complete disaster on Authorize.net part and their forums are exploding with people having integrations now fail. 8 years of stability gone in a rather short window with no means of working around it except to shut off security checks, which is obviously terrible to have to do but is what everyone else is basically doing and looks like what we'll be having to also do.

Typically API is versioned to prevent backwards compatibility issues like this with APIs. Stripe and PayPal both version their API and I highly recommend either over using Authorize.net.

And our MD5 hash has always been empty. So I can't see how either of these pertain to us.

The changes they've made are impacting single and recurring payments from reports here and on Authorize.net forums. We're still investigating and don't have a solid solution to resolve all the issues yet.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kurtboeker

5 years 1 week ago #311324 by kurtboeker
Thank you very much. This is something I can go to my client with. I really appreciate it. I agree with switching to Paypal. Good luck and thank you for the answers.

5 years 1 week ago #311337 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Authorize.net not initiated
Ok, I could go one step further in my findings:

Authorize.net does NOT handle silent posts asynchronously after an AIM request anymore, but during the AIM request and as long as the silent post is not completed, it will not return from the AIM request (and that has a timeout!).

So if you are not using ARB, please disable Silent Posts at your Authorize.net settings on their site.

And/or setup the URL properly, and make sure that you have the very latest CBSubs nightly release (2019.03.04) that ignores and replies ok to the AIM silent posts that are being sent.

Please revert here if that solves your issue with single payments only.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

5 years 1 week ago #311343 by beat
Replied by beat on topic [#7495] Authorize.net not initiated
Ok, further investigated this issue of very slow payments (or not completed ones due to timeout or user not waiting) with Authorize.net.

Was due to a server software change on authorize.net side that introduced a backwards incompatibility.

Solved and replied in full here:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/240719-7495-authorize-net-gateway-not-working-sorta?start=6#311342

In short, please update to latest nightly build, and see if issue persists. Don't fill-in MD5 hash or signature key (new param) as you are not using auto-recurring payment subscriptions.

Please let us know here if it fixes the issue for you. Many Thanks in advance.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn