[#7999] if share recipient upgrades, then the shared plan subscription is replaced

3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #318341 by joomally
If user1 registers to a family plan, and shares this plan with user2.
then user2 upgrades.
This causes user1's subscription to be replaced by user2's subscription.
This means that user1 (and anybody else sharing user1's subscription) no longer has an active subscription.

Here is how to recreate it:
create a new 'user subscription plan' (plan1)
on the 'Family Plan' integration tab, set Sharing to 'Yes'
Sign up to plan1 as user1 using the 'Url of plan to display only this plan ('-' to display multiple plans)'
User2 clicks on the link in the email and registers for the site sharing user1's subscription.
create a second 'user subscription plan' and save the default settings (plan2)

At this point, user1's subscription for plan1 is replaced by user2's subscription for plan2.
The status of user1's subscription for plan1 is 'Upgraded to other'.

Is there any way to set it so that if user2 upgrades then user1's subscription remains active ?
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #318367 by krileon
A shared subscription should not be able to modify the original subscription. There are specifically dummy objects given to shared subscription users to prevent this behavior. Is everything installed completely up to date? Will follow your steps in an attempt to reproduce as it's possible a check was missed somewhere that needs to be blocked.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago #318368 by krileon
Was able to confirm there's something strange happening when it comes to updates like that. That should not be possible though. Have added a bug ticket and am investigating further to fix.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7999

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago #318391 by joomally

3 years 10 months ago #318399 by krileon
This has been fixed in the latest build release of CBSubs Family Plans released yesterday. Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

3 years 10 months ago #318418 by joomally

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn