[#8006] Sharing a child plan

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #318428 by joomally
[#8006] Sharing a child plan was created by joomally
When a user accepts a share for a child plan, by clicking on the link in the email, the registration fails, and they get the message:
'Chosen plans combination is not allowed (you must choose coherent plans selection, e.g. parent subscriptions to a plan must be active).'

These are the steps to recreate it:
1. Create a 'user subscription plan' with all the default settings (Plan A).

2. Create a second 'user subscription plan'. (Plan B)
Set the 'Parent plan' to 'Plan A'
on the 'Family Plans' integration tab, set 'Sharing' to 'Yes'

3. Register for Plan B using the 'Url of plan to display only this plan ('-' to display multiple plans)' (User A)

4. User A logs in and 'Shares' the subscription for Plan B

5. User B clicks on the link in the email and tries to register on the site. but gets the message 'Error
Chosen plans combination is not allowed (you must choose coherent plans selection, e.g. parent subscriptions to a plan must be active).'

Is there any way to share an exclusive child plan ?
Both parent and child have 'Exclusive plan' set to 'Exclusive'

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #318438 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Sharing a child plan
That's working as expected. A child plan cannot automatically grant a parent plan. Shared subscriptions will not work for every configuration or usecase and a child plan is a situation it will not work unless the user already has the parent plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318441 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Sharing a child plan
Have added a feature ticket to review implementing support for automatically sharing a child plans parent plan in a future release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8006

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318474 by joomally
Replied by joomally on topic Sharing a child plan
thankyou

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn