[#8081] Backend not showing subscription upgrades

3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #319369 by 88keyman
We recently changed the name of our Regular membership category to Professional. Since we made that change, I created a new memership called Professional. I made the Regular membership unpublished so that our members would not be able to accidentally renew that plan.

Members can choose the Professional membership from the frontend, but my membership administrator cannot see any plans for upgrade in the backend so that they can be changed from Regular to Professional as their memberships expire.

I know this is probably just a simple setting I am missing. I have tried many combination of things to get this work. We only want a member to have one membership at any given time. This seems to be where the problem is created. If I make the old Regular Membership not exclusive, it will show everything, but then the member has both an old Regular Membership with an expiration date and a new Professional Membership with a new expiration date.

I need some assistance in getting this set up correctly so that the memberships will show up for my administrator in the backend.

Thanks,
David

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #319375 by beat
Hi David,
Thanks for reporting this strange behavior. I am confirming this as a bug, with tracker id #8081, that you can follow here:
forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8081
and will look into it asap.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

3 years 9 months ago #319376 by beat
Actually, if subscriptions to that old plan are still "valid" the correct way would not be to unpublish it, but to not allow renewals. You do this by editing the plan:

- go to edit the plan
- in tab "Pricing", set "Renewable in advance by" to "Non-renewable"
- in tab "Workflows":
- turn off "Allow Registrations"
- turn off in "Subscriptions upgrades workflows" the "Allow upgrade to this"
- in tab "Access":
- turn off "Allow new subscriptions".

Plan should remain published as long as it has active subscriptions.

But the bug you found remains valid and will be fixed.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

3 years 9 months ago #319377 by 88keyman
Thank you! I did set those plans back to the settings you gave me and now I can see other plans to "upgrade" to in the admin backend. Glad I was able to help track down a bug, though.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn