How can i migrate data from Community Free to Paid subscription ?

2 years 9 months ago #325454 by mcciamarketing
HI

Can you please tell me How can i migrate data from Community Free to Paid subscription ? please write me steps for it to move all data from free to paid one ?

Also can you please write me how can i migrate data from Membership Pro to CB Paid subscriptions ?

Please write me steps to do migrate all data ..

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #325455 by mcciamarketing

Update

I created a test sample to send to tech support and make sure we can import the correct payment data. I have over 6000 rows of data in Excel spreadsheets on my computer.

See attached.
- You will see I hid columns that do not apply to this task.
- The Plan Name is easy enough to assign as a number after you add it to CB Pro.
- The username is the most important to connect CB Free with CB Pro.
- Notice how payments are not always made every year. They skip.
- Also, they pay for multiple years at a time. Luckily, I see a setting for this under each plan to limit that moving forward.

What we need to know:
1) What is the best format for dates, from an back-end admin import and/or PHPMyAdmin import perspective? This has given me trouble in the past.
2) What is the best way to add each payment transaction to CB Pro?
3) Is it possible to upload all member data (custom fields, etc.) as well as payment history at the same time?
4) Lastly, how can we display those individual transactions on the member's profile page? The organization wants the member and authorized admins to be able to see their payment history.

Thanks so much for helping this newbie get up to speed!
Mary
Attachments:

2 years 9 months ago #325460 by krileon

Can you please tell me How can i migrate data from Community Free to Paid subscription ? please write me steps for it to move all data from free to paid one ?

Use CBSubs > Import. You can directly mass-move users from 1 plan to another there or mass-import new subscriptions there.

Also can you please write me how can i migrate data from Membership Pro to CB Paid subscriptions ?

We don't have a migration feature for Membership Pro. Best I can suggest is review Membership Pro database and create a CBSubs > Import file to import their subscriptions into CBSubs.

1) What is the best format for dates, from an back-end admin import and/or PHPMyAdmin import perspective? This has given me trouble in the past.

When using CBSubs > Import dates should always be in SQL format 0000-00-00 00:00:00.

2) What is the best way to add each payment transaction to CB Pro?

There isn't one and I don't recommend trying to. Make a backup of those transactions then don't worry about trying to import them. The database structures of Membership Pro and CBSubs are not compatible.

3) Is it possible to upload all member data (custom fields, etc.) as well as payment history at the same time?

To import user data use the import feature in CB > User Management or do so directly in your database. You cannot import CBSubs and CB data at the same time. You'll have to use the 2 different imports. For CB > User Management imports I suggest first exporting your user row so you can see how to structure your CSV file. Note CB exported CSV files use the following rules.

1. Character set: UTF-8
2. Separated by Comma
3. Format quoted fields as text
4. " as string delimiter

4) Lastly, how can we display those individual transactions on the member's profile page? The organization wants the member and authorized admins to be able to see their payment history.

CBSubs already by default displays their invoices on their profile Subscriptions tab. If you also want to show them individual payment history you can enabled that in CBSubs > Settings > Display > Invoices with the "Show payments history" parameter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcciamarketing

2 years 9 months ago #325462 by mcciamarketing
Thank you Kyle,

I appreciate your time in answering my questions. I was knee-deep in the 579-page manual and not sure it has been updated lately.

Re: What is the best way to add each payment transaction to CB Pro?
There isn't one and I don't recommend trying to. Make a backup of those transactions then don't worry about trying to import them. The database structures of Membership Pro and CBSubs are not compatible.

--- Sound like this part is going to be more complicated. It's a requirement to make it happen for the organization. As I navigate through the task, I will share it here for other who encounter the same challenge.

I am very glad you have a way to display payment history. Phew!

Thank you!
Mary

2 years 9 months ago #325463 by krileon

Sound like this part is going to be more complicated. It's a requirement to make it happen for the organization. As I navigate through the task, I will share it here for other who encounter the same challenge.

Then I suggest making a test purchase using the dummy test gateway in CBSubs and reviewing how the following database tables are structured.

_cbsubs_payments
_cbsubs_payment_baskets
_cbsubs_payment_items
_cbsubs_payment_totalizers

You'd then need to compare that to Membership Pro and work on converting its data and creating the necessary database entries in those tables. There is no simple way of doing this as you're trying to move very complicated payment data from 1 entirely different system to another. This is usually a task that a development TEAM tackles so the client expecting this many need to have their expectations pulled in a bit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago #325464 by mcciamarketing
@krileon,

Thanks the list of tables to review and the existence of the test gateway. That saves me some discovery time.

Cheers,
Mary

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.334 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn