Past Subscriptions

1 year 10 months ago #329382 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Past Subscriptions
Yes that is correct. The user was actively subscribed to the plan they upgraded to. They then wanted to revert back to the previous plan several months later, but the plan wasn't available. Somehow I was able to get them downgraded by using the link directly in the plan: "Url to add plan to basket and display basket for logged-in users, or display registration form to guests ('-' to add multiple plans)".

This allowed them to complete the downgrade.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 10 months ago #329404 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Past Subscriptions
So they were expired when trying to downgrade or still active? If still active they'll need to cancel/expire before they could downgrade.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 10 months ago #329428 by wjgadmin
Yes, they were active. I will inform them in the future they need to expire or cancel.
Can you please let me know if there is a logical reason for this, or just something that isn't addressed? I ask because given the solution provided, the user wouldn't be able to take advantage of proration and the process isn't as smooth. Thank you

1 year 10 months ago #329433 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Past Subscriptions

Can you please let me know if there is a logical reason for this, or just something that isn't addressed? I ask because given the solution provided, the user wouldn't be able to take advantage of proration and the process isn't as smooth. Thank you

It's to prevent weird prorating problems. For example if prorating is on and they downgrade it could result in giving them a free subscription and any remaining value they paid for is gone.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 10 months ago #329440 by wjgadmin
Thank you for the details!

1 year 8 months ago #330119 by wjgadmin
Hi team,
We seem to still be having an issue with this item. Today there was a user who was previously subscribed to a plan, they then upgraded to another plan. Today was the last day of that subscription for the month and they wanted to revert back to the previous plan, note their subscription was still active...

There previous plan did not show as an option for them to upgrade/downgrade to, so I had them unsubscribe from their current plan. Unfortunately the previous plan still didn't show... the only way I was able to resolve this was to go into their old subscription via the back end subscriptions and change their previous status = expired, from upgrade to other.

When I did this, the previous plan became an option once more. Can you please advise how this can be resolved? From our earlier correspondence, I believed they only needed to cancel their current subscription, but it seems the previous status being upgraded to other caused the same issue. Thank you

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds