PayPal Pro - PayPal says DPRP is no more

10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #238973 by OldLodgeSkins
PayPal Pro - PayPal says DPRP is no more was created by OldLodgeSkins
Hi,

I'm currently trying to set up the PayPal Pro payment gateway and according to PayPal, DPRP doesn't exist anymore... I don't know if it's that they have just modified its name or if they have changed it completely... Still according to them "recurring billing" is enabled in our account and still I get this :

Paypal API error returned. ERROR: DPRP is disabled for this merchant. CODE: 11586: DPRP is disabled

Are you using PayPal pro yourselves here?
Has anything changed recently?

Thanks.

Seb.

PS: and a happy new year to you
PPS: Of course, I have read www.joomlapolis.com/forum/277-cbsubs-gpl-support/223246-paypal-pro-payment-gateway-dprp-is-disabled

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #238999 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PayPal Pro - PayPal says DPRP is no more
It's direct payment recurring payment API. This normally happens when trying to use recurring payments without purchasing the recurring addon, but you said you have it so I'm not quite sure what to advise. That error is coming straight from PayPal when trying to create a recurring profile so it has to be something on their end. You may want to call PayPal.

Please also see the below if you're using Sandbox as there seams to be an issue with Sandbox usage.

stackoverflow.com/questions/10350677/paypal-direct-payments-recurring-disabled-for-this-merchant

Are you using PayPal pro yourselves here?

No, which means it's maintained purely based off public Feedback. I do not monitor it for changes until issues are reported.

Has anything changed recently?

Not that I am aware. Their API looks unchanged and is often always backwards compatible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 4 months ago #239005 by OldLodgeSkins
Replied by OldLodgeSkins on topic PayPal Pro - PayPal says DPRP is no more
Hi,

The guys from PayPal say our account is all ready to make recurring payments... I really don't know what to think. And I'm not using the sandbox this appears on a live test...

Seb.

10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #239006 by OldLodgeSkins
www.amember.com/forum/threads/problem-with-paypal-payments-pro.16246/

"DPRP is a recurring payments service that is an add on for a service
called Website Payments Pro, which is not what you have. You have
PayPal Payments Pro, which gives you access to PayPal's gateway service,
unlike Website Payments Pro. DPRP is not something you will be able to
use since Website Payments Pro is no longer offered. You need to
integrate into a website/shopping cart that is compatible with either
PayPal Payments Pro or Payflow Pro."

Looks like DPRP is really history...
I'm guessing you need to update the payment plug-in. I'm available for testing if you wish.

10 years 4 months ago #239018 by OldLodgeSkins
I think we may try 2checkout... The account's free and it'll probably be easier and faster than fixing the PayPal Pro plug-in.

10 years 4 months ago #239026 by OldLodgeSkins
Maybe 2Checkout isn't the best option...
Because from what I understand so far you need to have your products (plans) set up on the 2Checkout side too, with a price mentioned there, which means if you charge various tax rates... You will have situations where the amount CBSubs expects to be paid doesn't match the one in the 2Checkout product and you end up with the payment not being validated by CBSubs.
Just out of curiosity, what's your favourite solution for taking credit card orders - that's assuming you're doing that, I don't know maybe you only accept PayPal... ? It may be easier if we just use what works for you too.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn