Mailer trigger for plan recurring vs manual payments?

7 years 10 months ago #281706 by gilbertstudios
Hello,

I'm setting up Mailer to send reminder notices before a plan renews.

We're wondering... is there a way for Mailer to differentiate between a plan that is recurring payment vs manual payment?

(We have 2 plans with both available, and 2 plans that are only recurring.)

...so that we could send different emails (through Mailer) to tell them if they are going to get a auto-renewal notice OR if they need to log in to manually renew?

Thanks much,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #281970 by gilbertstudios
Replied by gilbertstudios on topic Mailer trigger for plan recurring vs manual payments?
please... does anyone know if this is possible or not?

7 years 10 months ago #281975 by beat
First of all, sorry for our slow reply here, somehow we missed this post.

This is not possible with the mailer directly.
It is an interesting feature proposal. I have written it down as #5985

However I could imagine that using CB SQL Field type plugin (from our Add-ons) that queries the subscription's autorecurring_type column, and setting in mailer a condition on that CB field it could already work today.

However it will probably depend on the gateway if an auto-recurring payment subscription stops if the autorecurring_type column of the subscription is adjusted or not.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: gilbertstudios

7 years 10 months ago #282049 by gilbertstudios
Replied by gilbertstudios on topic Mailer trigger for plan recurring vs manual payments?
thank you for the reply and optional idea.

along this line...

is there anything in the user's profile page to let them know if their payment will be recurring or manual?

the thought being... a year later, the customer may not remember how they set it up.

...and we want them to pay / renew before their expiration date.

...and we want to send them a reminder notice to do so.
(either manual = they need to pay it,
or recurring = they need to be aware it's going to happen.)

any way for the user to see and know which option they selected and what's going to happen on their renewal?

thanks again,

7 years 9 months ago #282128 by beat

gilbertstudios wrote: thank you for the reply and optional idea.

along this line...

is there anything in the user's profile page to let them know if their payment will be recurring or manual?

the thought being... a year later, the customer may not remember how they set it up.

...and we want them to pay / renew before their expiration date.

...and we want to send them a reminder notice to do so.
(either manual = they need to pay it,
or recurring = they need to be aware it's going to happen.)

any way for the user to see and know which option they selected and what's going to happen on their renewal?

thanks again,

On their subscriptions tab, memberss with automatic payments will see after the description, e.g.:

"Active, expiring on 06/30/2016, auto-renewing".

While those without auto-renewals won't see that last part.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: gilbertstudios

7 years 7 months ago #284806 by gilbertstudios
hello,

i'm finally getting around to setting up these reminder emails in the mailer system.

i was just wondering if anything was new or different (within the last few months) that would now allow us to send different mailer notices to those with recurring payments vs manual payments?

thanks for all your help.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn