Help - CB 1.0.2 ignores ImageMagick

17 years 4 months ago #28058 by cicon
I upgraded to CB 1.0.2 and now it says ImageMagick is not installed on my server. This is not true, ImageMagick is installed and it is working fine, the problem is that CB does not see it.

I have looked through joomapolis archives and this seems like a recurring problem ... that no one ever gets resolved!!! Did these other people just go away or did they get a solution that never got posted here?

I really need help, I have spent the last 36 hours straight on this (no sleep), my users are yelling at me and my ISP says its not their fault.

Come on CB team, don't leave me hanging now

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #28129 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Help - CB 1.0.2 ignores ImageMagick
ImageMagic is detected fine on this website for example...

You might ned to configure the "Path to ImageMagick" in cb->configuration->images, if it's not in the default path.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 4 months ago #28178 by cicon
Replied by cicon on topic Re:Help - CB 1.0.2 ignores ImageMagick
I am glad that ImageMagick works on the CB website. However, I am not running a development site, my site is live.

I have spent some time debugging this and there are indeed problems with CB 1.0.2.

The first one is in this CB file:
- File: imgToolbox.class.php
- Function: testIM()
- Line: 648

This line uses 'exec' to test for the presence of ImageMagick (if false, no magick). However, the Joomla development team recommends disabling 'exec' for security purposes. This means that anyone who implements Joomla security recommendations will be unable to use ImageMagick.

So that kills magick all on its own ... but then you could always enable 'exec', that is if you like to live on the wild side.

In that case, the second problem is that when 'exec' tests for magick, it calls 'convert'. However, 'convert' makes additional system calls. Not all versions of PHP support iterative or recursive calls via exec.

So this double whammy means that CB is broken for me, and for many of other users as well.

Post edited by: cicon, at: 2007/01/03 18:53

17 years 4 months ago #28300 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Help - CB 1.0.2 ignores ImageMagick
Well, unless I missed something, using ImageMagic from php needs exec() to be enabled...Otherwise you can only use built-in gd2. Would be happy to hear that I'm wrong or missed something.

convert is not a php "recursive call" to my understanding.

Sorry, this is not an issue of a "broken CB", but of non-integration of ImageMagic and php by other means than exec().

But again, if someone has a better solution, would be happy to hear of it...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 4 months ago #28397 by cicon
Replied by cicon on topic Re:Help - CB 1.0.2 ignores ImageMagick
Fine, I got it working - I rebuilt the ImageMagick libraries and tweaked my server environment. It's kosher now ... except for the CB BLANK PAGES.

This had me going because I thought I might have broken Joomla/CB while I was messing with ImageMagick. But then I saw all those posts on Joomapolis about CB Blank Pages. They describe exactly what is happening to me.

The easiest way to see this problem is to click on this link: showmefinance.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers

This site has a virgin Joomla 1.0.12 build on it and a fresh CB 1.0.2 build on it. Install instructions were followed precisely.

If anybody there wants admin access to the site I will email the password.

17 years 4 months ago #28540 by Xpaticus
Replied by Xpaticus on topic Re:Help - CB 1.0.2 ignores ImageMagick
I am havin somewhat the same problem but the main issue being i cannot access global configurations for cb. I get the following error

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

I have installed and reinstalled. I have a fresh copy of joomla and cb. I have yet t find anything on the forum who can resolve this. I am hoping someone has an idea. It is driving me nuts. :blink:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.419 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn