1.0.2 Upgrade denies access (partially)

17 years 2 months ago #30504 by beat
It might be that your "my profile" link is not public...

which is normal.

but cb finds it, as it's published (but doesn't check for the access level yet) and adds it to the profiles links.

but then newer joomla versions deny access with that error.

try following:

1. make that menu temporarly public.

2. check if you can access from the lists.

3. if it works, you might want to workaround the problem by publishing a public user profile link in an unpublished menu position.

Joomla needs those Itemids (menu ids in fact)...

Please report back your findings here. I will try to improve the Itemid computation in next release, so your precise feed-backs are important.

e.g. check which menu id corresponds to the Itemid= the URL which works or doesn't work.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #31038 by Schmutz
Replied by Schmutz on topic Re:1.0.2 Upgrade denies access (partially)

Joomla needs those Itemids (menu ids in fact)...

This was the key piece of information that I needed.
What I could not figure out was the meaning of this Itemid=42 values that was being passed along. Oddly it worked without this in the old setup.

Here's what happened:

Site was cracked and I replaced all files and searched through the databse for evidence of introduced data.

I found none so the assumption is that the offender was in one of the many files that I replaced. Installed the latest Joomla and uploaded the old database. Then installed latest versions of all my coms and mods with their customisations re-applied.

What a nightmare.

Everything was working well but at the time that I repopulated the database apparently id numbers in jos_menus were changed, presumably auto incremented. id=42 pointed to a menu id that did not exist. This way even if you paste the supposedly correct url:

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=usersList&Itemid=42

because the menu id #42 does not exist you are denied access.

Changed the url to the correct itemid and everything worked.

The problem now is that the id #42 is still somewhere in the db i believe. So I have to find that, change it and all will operate as normal.

Hope that made sense.

Thanks for the hint I needed!

Schmutz

17 years 2 months ago #31550 by dclydew
Replied by dclydew on topic Re:1.0.2 Upgrade denies access (partially)
I'm having similar problems with Joomla 1.0.12 and CB 1.0.2 (also using JACLplus 1.0.12). While all of my users can see profiles, they cannot edit their own profiles, send messages through the profile or add connections. All of these actions return a "You are not authorised to view this resource."

In fact, it almost acts as if it connects the username to the profile, but then fails to authenticate the user as the profile owner. Basically, everyone has "public" access.

Any help, ideas, pointers or even search terms to use would be helpful!

Thanks,
Clyde

17 years 1 month ago #34090 by flughund
Replied by flughund on topic Re:1.0.2 Upgrade denies access (partially)
I have (maybe) the same problem:

clicking on a enty of the user list brings me to a page with restrictet access (you may login). But by clicking on a image of a users gallery, i can go to a userprofile as an unregistered user! Any idea?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn