user management - can't edit my users list

16 years 10 months ago #40896 by beat
Ok, i analyzed the problem and issued 2 bugs to joomla 1.5 bugtracker: bugs #6009 and #6010.

Both are still open there.

Unfortunately, no easy fix is possible in CB for that. Joomla 1.5 svn isn't production-ready yet, and to the contrary of 1.5 beta 1, CB team received only 2 hours to test 1.5 beta 2, and raised the problem, but joomla team decided to release 1.5 beta 2 with those 2 bugs included.

So in the first page of discussion of joomla 1.5 beta 2 announcement, our cb test-team leader had to make announcement that joomla 1.5 beta 2 is incompatible with CB 1.0.2.

Unless you are developing, there is no real reason to upgrade from 1.0 to 1.5 at this stage, and neither joomla core team nor cb team recommends 1.5 beta 2 or svn for production servers.

In addition joomla 1.5 svn is breaking some database compatibility at this stage, so CB 1.0.2 is not compatible. Next cb release will be again.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #41194 by dasisk
Is there no work-around on this?

Ok, so I found a work-around on my own. Not optimal, but it appears to work, so I will post for others with the same problem.

If you edit the table jos_users, you can update the block field from 1 to 0 to enable the user.

Next, change the GID field, values are:

Value="29" Public Frontend
Value="18" Registered
Value="19" Author
Value="20" Editor
Value="21" Publisher
Value="30" Public Backend
Value="23" Manager
Value="24" Administrator
Value="25" Super Administrator

Once you have done this, edit the jos_comprofiler table and changed the approved field from 0 to 1.

For now, this appears to work, if anyone has anything to add to this or wants to tell me if I just screwed up my install, please feel free!

D

Post edited by: dasisk, at: 2007/07/19 05:36

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn