User Tagging

16 years 11 months ago #38370 by Doctor Sid
Replied by Doctor Sid on topic Re:User Tagging
Thanks for your contribution! My current (q&d) solution is the 'CB Advanced Search' plugin. This plugin allows to search specific fields of the user profiles, so I just created a 'tags' field and thats's it. Not really tagging but I needed a quick solution.

Maybe I'll get back to the topic when i have more time again.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #38408 by phoenixology
Replied by phoenixology on topic Re:User Tagging
Yep, I've done something similar with the advanced CB. I have an 'interests' field and users can search that. However, having those being true 'tags' that link to each other from user profiles and that are also found in a tag cloud would add a HUGE amount of usability to CB.

Sure people can search for people with the interest "Family Guy" - but then people searching for people interested in "Family" will get those people too... There are a dozen other reasons why tagging would make for a better user experience, that was just an example.

I've tried my best to get this to work (I have next to no knowledge of anything other than HTML), but haven't been able to get anything to work on my test server. Seriously, its like having taken high school spanish and going to live in Brazil - you don't remember much and what you do know doesn't apply most of the time. Anyone who actually knows how to program - this would be a suuuuuuuper mod. :)

16 years 11 months ago #38411 by tomsawyer1234
Replied by tomsawyer1234 on topic Re:User Tagging
Could you explain how you made your clikable field?

tks

Il will be interresting to be

phoenixology wrote:

Yep, I've done something similar with the advanced CB. I have an 'interests' field and users can search that. However, having those being true 'tags' that link to each other from user profiles and that are also found in a tag cloud would add a HUGE amount of usability to CB.

Sure people can search for people with the interest "Family Guy" - but then people searching for people interested in "Family" will get those people too... There are a dozen other reasons why tagging would make for a better user experience, that was just an example.

I've tried my best to get this to work (I have next to no knowledge of anything other than HTML), but haven't been able to get anything to work on my test server. Seriously, its like having taken high school spanish and going to live in Brazil - you don't remember much and what you do know doesn't apply most of the time. Anyone who actually knows how to program - this would be a suuuuuuuper mod. :)

16 years 11 months ago #38647 by phoenixology
Replied by phoenixology on topic Re:User Tagging
I've tried to make the 'interests' field I created clickable, but haven't been able to get it to work. I don't know enough about programming, sorry...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.520 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn