Adding comments to cb gallery pictures?

17 years 4 months ago #27591 by radio
How hard would it really be to get one of the comment plugins to work with the cb gallery plugin? Im currently trying out joomlacomment and id really like to be able to add commments to each indivdual picture in the gallery, Id like that option to be available to the users. If i can figure out how to call up the comment script, where about in the cb gallery code would i place it so the add comment option would show up under each picture in the gallery when its been clicked on and showing in full size?

Interested in improving Joomla as a social networking platform? If yes join joomlaplazza.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #27602 by nant
radio wrote:

How hard would it really be to get one of the comment plugins to work with the cb gallery plugin? Im currently trying out joomlacomment and id really like to be able to add commments to each indivdual picture in the gallery, Id like that option to be available to the users. If i can figure out how to call up the comment script, where about in the cb gallery code would i place it so the add comment option would show up under each picture in the gallery when its been clicked on and showing in full size?

although its been asked before its been very low on my priority list. The profile gallery is just that a gallery for profiles and the profile already has comments (profilebook).

17 years 4 months ago #27609 by radio
Replied by radio on topic Re:Adding comments to cb gallery pictures?
You guys are so out of touch with what the users out their really want its unreal!

Interested in improving Joomla as a social networking platform? If yes join joomlaplazza.com

17 years 4 months ago #27612 by montana
Replied by montana on topic Re:Adding comments to cb gallery pictures?
Well sure there is a lot requests which makes no sense but in this case poster radio wish a function which is very needed by Modeling and Photograpy Galleries.. i know a lot of site with this comment/image function..
it is a big different between a "normal guestbook" and "a Image comment" .
A photographer or model when he get comments on his uploded image this is a honour.
I hope Nant can put this function to Upper priority and the best way to add i ever see for a image comment function was here:

tamta.meine-sedcard.de/components/com_zoom/www/view.php?popup=1&q={obfs:225227208219224263272286227215212265217223203263273286227215212265219209259224215219214263286227215212265220219208263275}

17 years 4 months ago #27614 by nant
radio wrote:

You guys are so out of touch with what the users out their really want its unreal!

I see your frustration.

To answer your initial question about how hard it would be to get a third party component to work with CB Gallery content - it shouldn't be that difficult - although i really havent looked at something closely.

This would be the way to go - integrating some other existing functionality instead of implementing yet another commenting system.

I have asked beat and joomlajoe to take the profilebook a step further and allow it to be used with other content in the profile. No progress yet - other priorities.

17 years 4 months ago #27626 by radio
Replied by radio on topic Re:Adding comments to cb gallery pictures?
Iv asked around in a few forums, will have to see if anybody can point me in the right direction, I would try to do it myself but im not sure where to start.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.732 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn