Adding comments to cb gallery pictures?

17 years 4 months ago #27627 by nant
radio wrote:

Iv asked around in a few forums, will have to see if anybody can point me in the right direction, I would try to do it myself but im not sure where to start.

The problem is that most joomla comment systems are designed to work off joomla core content (articles) and not other components. This is why I wanted to wait for Beat or Joomlajoe to take the profilebook to the next step.

Also, I just installed joomlacomment and i see some problems - for example i cannot open the mambot on the backend - says restricted - do you also see this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #27632 by radio
Replied by radio on topic Re:Adding comments to cb gallery pictures?
well joomlacomment is already partly integrated with CB, It displays the cb avator and a link to the profile with every comment ect if you enable them in the component settings, It is also integrated with the mamblog component which is in turn integrated with CB latest blog posts tab, it all ties in nicly.

How do you mean open the mambot on the backend? I can open the mambot settings in joomla admin site mambots no problem, I can also open the joscomment.php file in dreamweaver for editing ect. No restrictions so far.

Interested in improving Joomla as a social networking platform? If yes join joomlaplazza.com

17 years 4 months ago #27633 by radio
Would it not be a case of adding something like this

include_once($mosConfig_absolute_path."/administrator/components/com_comments/common.php");
echo mc_load_lang();
include_once($mcapath."comments_config.php");
include_once($mcapath."comments.html.php");
include_once($mcapath."comments.function.php");
echo mc_viewLink($mccfg,$id);

This was for another comment component other than joomlacomment but joomlacomment uses

require_once("$mosConfig_absolute_path/components/com_comment/joscomment/utils.php");

require_once("$mosConfig_absolute_path/mambots/content/joscomment.php");

$mosConfig_ is the key.

Interested in improving Joomla as a social networking platform? If yes join joomlaplazza.com

17 years 4 months ago #27637 by nant
I am checking out the commercial comment system Jos comment.
It has an API for third party integration - will experiment and report back.

17 years 4 months ago #27681 by radio
ok thanks dude

17 years 4 months ago #27693 by jreyes
Replied by jreyes on topic Re:Adding comments to cb gallery pictures?
Hello. I installed CB Profile Gallery among other galleries amd bridged for CB and I keep coming back to Nant's. But i have one big problem. Everytime I try to upload a pictureI get this error. I've been reading all forum everywhere and yet i cant get it to work. This is my last fix to have my site and wanted. Can some one help?

This is the error that i'm getting:
Image ToolBox failure! - Please notify system admin - Error occurred during the moving of the uploaded file.

I've used RC1 and RC2 and the error is the same.

Thanks in advance for any kind of help offered.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn