Dynamic Lists?

16 years 8 months ago #43299 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Dynamic Lists?
Krystofiak wrote:
hi nant, mikko,

did i missed something?

is this a upcoming feature or a extension or a ad on by mikko?

that meaning of dynamic sounds interesting, of course :-)[/quote]

:D LOL, it's probably both: Mikko has contributed a new lists implementation, which didn't make it as is into CB 1.1, mainly because of the refactoring on the way for CB 2.0, and the backwards compatibility headaches which that would have brought with it. After spending quite some time on it, Mikko and me agreed that it wouldn't make sense to change user-lists in CB 1.1 to rechange them in CB 2.0.

Mikko can of course release his new lists implementation as a plugin for CB 1.1, we added a few API to CB 1.1 userlists to make that possible ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #43358 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Dynamic Lists?
beat wrote:

Mikko can of course release his new lists implementation as a plugin for CB 1.1, we added a few API to CB 1.1 userlists to make that possible ;)

With all the plans for CB 2.0, It can take quite a bit of time if you consider the release cycle this far. (No offense)

What I will probably do is that I will integrate some parts of my userlist code to CB 1.1 and release that as a standalone system. Depending on the CB team, that can be considered as a fork or 1.2, or something else. Help would be appreciated in the form of testing and code review. (If I can post my code to the test team, that would be a great help.)

The code that I have implements the following things:
-Ability to write custom SQL for userlists
-Plugins can do search, sort and limit for userlists
-Ability to browse through lists, select users and perform actions for them (e.g. email, ban, add connection)

I also have code that removes the 4 column limit, but this will be thrown away since Beat has a lot better solution to this for CB 2.0.

Beat: can you email me about these changes you are describing here?

-Mikko

16 years 8 months ago #43359 by dping28
Replied by dping28 on topic Re:Dynamic Lists?
Thanks for the replys! and happy to see my idea is liked :) Look forward to it possibly becoming a reality. Keep up the hard work guys! Love CB!

-D

CB Testteam member

16 years 8 months ago #43686 by yogiboy
Hello

Thanks for all of your hard work. CB works really great with my website.

I am trying to figure out a way so users can search for other users by state or country. Any suggestions?

I just saw your cb advanced search component. Where is this? is this what I am looking for?

Many thanks
Aaron

Aaron Star
www.chelseayoga.net

16 years 8 months ago #43754 by KurtSteiner
Replied by KurtSteiner on topic Re:Dynamic Lists? where is the advance searh...?
YES it is.
my choice
for all extensions first try extensions.joomla.org than try google...

sunny regards from Germany

BERND (Kurt Steiner)

16 years 8 months ago #43924 by justcbuser
Replied by justcbuser on topic Re:Dynamic Lists?
Hi Mikko, hi Nant, Hi Beat, Hi user!

I think..

Mikkos List features are great and from users view fit excellenty into CB. (OFFTOPIC:The Advanced Profiles do too, and would even better if they were GPLed)

But compatibility IS very important for a lot of long-time users of J!/CB and developers of CB plugins.

AND: I don`t like forking that much..
Joomla is a developing CMS, and CB as component too.
Joomla is version 1.0.13 and CB is 1.1
Forking that early slows down develeopment and stability.
And there is already CBE...

You developing and improving CB together on the way to 2.0 would make CB stronger and - don't forget - Joomla! as whole, too. And I think all CB and Joomla! users would enjoy and benefit from it.

Hope to see Mikko on the Contact Us page soon and don't mind waiting for CB 1.2 /2.0 some more...

Was it "CB Newbies"? Yes I am ;-) And I like CB!

Regards

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.738 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn