How can users email all other users?

16 years 8 months ago #43742 by dping28
Replied by dping28 on topic Re:How can users email all other users?
Sounds like you need more of a mailing list of sorts and just have it linked on your site to email to it.. Do you have access to your email server to try setting one of those up?

-D

CB Testteam member

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #43744 by hfhs
Replied by hfhs on topic Re:How can users email all other users?
If you don't have a large list of users you could use Fabrik which is the new version of mosforms. Basically, you create a form that the user fills out with the required information that he/she wants to send out. When they click the submit button it will send an email out the email addresses that you have entered in the backend configuration of the form. You can get Fabrik here.
fabrikar.com/index.php

16 years 8 months ago #43745 by cronos916
Replied by cronos916 on topic Re:How can users email all other users?
Thats a great question! I believe I can get access to it. Your suggestion is just to use a single email address set up as a mailing list and go from there. An interesting solution.

I liked the idea of using community builder that way as our staffing changes I have only one place to go to make the change. But I will definately explore this option.

Any other suggestions would also be helpful. Thanks!

16 years 8 months ago #43746 by cronos916
HFHS, would fabrik allow me to send the email to all users in community builder? Or do I need to input them manually?

hfhs wrote:

If you don't have a large list of users you could use Fabrik which is the new version of mosforms. Basically, you create a form that the user fills out with the required information that he/she wants to send out. When they click the submit button it will send an email out the email addresses that you have entered in the backend configuration of the form. You can get Fabrik here.
fabrikar.com/index.php

16 years 8 months ago #43804 by hfhs
Replied by hfhs on topic Re:How can users email all other users?
cronos916 wrote:

HFHS, would fabrik allow me to send the email to all users in community builder? Or do I need to input them manually?

When you build the form, (you only do this once) it will ask you who you want to send the input fields to. You would have to put each email address that your want to send it to. In your case all the church members on your committee. Then when someone wants to email the committee, they just fill out the form with the text they want to send an click submit. It will send out the email to everyone that you entered.

There is another component that might better suit you. It is called CBMailing. You create a list in CB. It then allows everyone in that list to send each other emails.

You'll find it here.
extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,search/Itemid,35/searchword,cbmailing/cat_id,0/

Post edited by: hfhs, at: 2007/08/23 03:57

16 years 8 months ago #43838 by cronos916
Wow! Thanks! I think these 2 options should fit the need thanks! I will let you know.

hfhs wrote:

cronos916 wrote:

When you build the form, (you only do this once) it will ask you who you want to send the input fields to. You would have to put each email address that your want to send it to. In your case all the church members on your committee. Then when someone wants to email the committee, they just fill out the form with the text they want to send an click submit. It will send out the email to everyone that you entered.

There is another component that might better suit you. It is called CBMailing. You create a list in CB. It then allows everyone in that list to send each other emails.

You'll find it here.
extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,search/Itemid,35/searchword,cbmailing/cat_id,0/

Post edited by: hfhs, at: 2007/08/23 03:57

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn