Help -- Site Down after Transfer to New Host

15 years 1 day ago #96667 by dee_jay
CB is running great in the old environment ... no problems. I just transferred to a new host and no members are able to login ... my site is now down ... :(

I ran a “check CB database” on new server -- everything green.

New environment (old env. in brackets):

Cb -- 1.1 (same)
Joomla -- 1.0.11 (same)
PhP-- 4.4.9. (4.4.4)
Mysql-- 5.0.67 (4.1.14.)
Apache – 2.2.11 (2.0.54)

Problem One: Frontend – On the Homepage, the CB login box is not showing, and I get this error message:

Fatal error: Undefined class name 'jcomponenthelper' in /home/earthian/public_html/modules/mod_cblogin.php on line 68

Problem Two: Backend -- In trying to access CB “User Management”, I am getting this message:

DB function failed with error number 1054
Unknown column 'aro.id' in 'on clause' SQL=SELECT DISTINCT a.*, g.name AS groupname, ue.approved, ue.confirmed FROM jos_users AS a LEFT JOIN jos_comprofiler AS ue ON a.id = ue.id INNER JOIN jos_core_acl_aro AS aro ON aro.value = a.id INNER JOIN jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map AS gm ON gm.aro_id = aro.id INNER JOIN jos_core_acl_aro_groups AS g ON g.id = gm.group_id WHERE aro.section_value = 'users' LIMIT 0, 50

Any help or suggestions on what to check greatly appreciated … thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 day ago #96670 by beat
Site transfer issue - talk to your new hoster....

- looks like DB + files transfer is incomplete.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 1 day ago #96734 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:Help -- Site Down after Transfer to New Host
It is asking for problems to "downgrade" systems when you are moving hosts...

Good luck.

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

14 years 11 months ago #97231 by dee_jay
Hi Beat ... thanks for your response.

I spent a few hours double-checking the file system and the database tables and records. Everything seems to be fine ... no missing files or incomplete db records.

I did get lead from the folks at Joomla Pack regarding the administrator "DB function failed with error number 1054" error. The issue is with the different way MySQL 4.1 and 5.0 parses joins, if there are no brackets present.

Here is a link from MySQL's website describing this issue: bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=13551

Description:

LEFT JOIN gives the "#1054 - Unknown column 'xxxx' in 'on clause'" error on MySQL 5, but
it's working fine in MySQL 4.1

Explanation:

This is a change that was made in 5.0.15 to make MySQL more compliant with the standard.

Thus when you write

... FROM t1 , t2 LEFT JOIN t3 ON (expr)

it is parsed as

(1) ... FROM t1 , (t2 LEFT JOIN t3 ON (expr))

and not as

(2) ... FROM (t1 , t2) LEFT JOIN t3 ON (expr)

so, from expr you can only refer to columns of t2 and t3 - operands of the join.

Workaround - to put parentheses explicitly as in (2). Then you can refer to t1 columns
from expr.

Note they only refer to version 5.0.15 ... my host is using 5.0.67 .... I don't know if this issue was solved by this version. The above is beyond my very basic SQL knowledge, so I'm not even sure if this is relevant ...

On a positive note, when I access individual CB profiles, all info. is coming up fine, including the blog, picture gallery, and visitor book plug-ins. I also created a Member List which is also "nonexistant", but I assume this is related to the above "user management" issue.

FYI ... I did solve the frontend login issue by reverting to the standard Joomla login. It works okay.

14 years 11 months ago #97563 by dee_jay
Anyone have any ideas ... ???

I've checked everything I can think of. Really would like to get this fixed ... site visitors can register in Joomla, but there is no CB profile page created.

14 years 11 months ago #97565 by Rapunzl
Bad choice of hosts, using obsolete PHP4 unless they let you get PHP5. Try recreating menu link to your profile.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn