Help -- Site Down after Transfer to New Host

14 years 11 months ago #98113 by dee_jay
Replied by dee_jay on topic SOLVED Site Down after Transfer to New Host
I finally managed to track down my problem. For some reason, the version.php file was changed from 1.0 the old environment to 1.5 the new environment !!! With all the calls to "Jversion" CB was thinking it was a 1.5 site!!! I am investigating HOW this got changed (I certainly did not change it) ... was it JoomlaPack or something in the new hosting environment ??? Anyway, CB is working fine (yeah!)

Noticed two things:

1. When deleting a user, it deletes the user id from jos_comprofiler and from jos_users .... but not from jos_core_acl_aro ... any reason for this?

2. I found the CB Registration "Admin Approval" and "Email Confirmation" a bit confusing. I did not want Admin Approval, but do want Email Confirmation... and set this accordingly.

But, to get Email Confirmations, you must have content in the "Pending Approval Subject" and "Pending Approval Email" boxes ... if you leave this blank (as I did because I do not want "Approval"), you will not get confirmation emails. Perhaps this needs a better explanation, or break it into two separate configurations ... one for "Pending Approvals" and one for "Email Confirmations"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn